A-6E VA-65 "500" Desert Storm

Marcel111

On 11/27/2021 at 7:26 PM, Avenger2614 said:

Great looking Intruder! How was the build? I have the A-6A and am curious if there are any things to absolutely watch out for? Thanks!

- Daniel

Hello Daniel, the kit is generally excellent and with hardly any major inaccuracies. If you are building the E you’ll need to reposition the inside wing fence. 

One major irritation is that Trumpeter threw rivets all over the airframe, these are not apparent on the real thing so I filled them with superglue.

The kit intakes have truncating intakes with undersized engine fronts. I rebuilt the intakes and engines … but this isn’t as noticeable as the riveting issue.

Cheers,

Marcel

Thx again for all the comments and encouragement! Btw I have received quite a bit of positive feedback on my photography. Chuck is the guy that taught me everything I know about taking pics of models, so big thanks to him.

Steve has an incredible eye for detail, he sent me a PM to let me know that the red inflight refueling light was missing on the nose of my Intruder. I had actually completed the little light but forgotten to glue it on, so thanks Steve!

Here some quick phone pics with the light now on... it's the little red thing in front of the left windscreen.

FCKelJ.jpg

zO1BSw.jpg

Cheers,

Marcel

• 2 years later...