Revell "new" releases...

Kagemusha

I'd like to do a Sea Hurricane (conversion), as well as a regular RAF job.

The G-2/4 sounds great. No doubt Aires or Barricuda will make a tropical filter. 

Just hoping Revell might get around to issuing the Ju 88 A-4 as a C-6 night-fighter one day.

Looking forward to the two new fighter kits.

Tony 

6 hours ago, Tony T said:

I'd like to do a Sea Hurricane (conversion), as well as a regular RAF job.

Fly make a Sea Hurricane version.

You do have to deal with a resin insert for the hook assembly, but it's child's play to anyone with any conversion experience.

10 hours ago, Chek said:

Fly make a Sea Hurricane version.

You do have to deal with a resin insert for the hook assembly, but it's child's play to anyone with any conversion experience.

Thanks Chek, I know, I nearly bought it this month. Will wait for the new tool Revell and then decide, subject to availability, between two Revells or one each of the Revell and Fly. It might be interesting (or frustrating) to build two different kits concurrently.

Tony

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2021 at 12:08 PM, Kenneth said:

It‘s the Piper PA-18 with phantasy decals based on (kids?) drawings submitted in an online competition a while ago. It was on their Facebook page some months ago. Nothing that the even slightly serious modeller would even remotely consider, and I frankly wonder about the point of reissuing a fairly complex, non-fighter-jet kit with cr*p decals…

Preview now available on their homepage: https://www.revell.de/neuheiten-revell/sports-plane-builder-s-choice.html

It‘s the otherwise great Piper PA-18-150 Super Cub (with wheel u/c), with phantasy decals „designed by the Revell community“ , according to the blurb. Whereby it‘s actually just called „Sports Plane“?

Well, they‘re useless „what if“ decals, in particular as the „D-PCUB“ registration is completely off; all German single-engine aircraft under 2000 kg are registered in the „D-E…“ range. Which they should know very well from the initial release of the PA-18-90, which had very accurate decals for a German aircraft.

So which „person on the street“ buys a not cheap kit of a mostly unknown aircraft type, which is not that simple to assemble?

Or is it just me?

6 hours ago, Kenneth said:

Preview now available on their homepage: https://www.revell.de/neuheiten-revell/sports-plane-builder-s-choice.html

It‘s the otherwise great Piper PA-18-150 Super Cub (with wheel u/c), with phantasy decals „designed by the Revell community“ , according to the blurb. Whereby it‘s actually just called „Sports Plane“?

Well, they‘re useless „what if“ decals, in particular as the „D-PCUB“ registration is completely off; all German single-engine aircraft under 2000 kg are registered in the „D-E…“ range. Which they should know very well from the initial release of the PA-18-90, which had very accurate decals for a German aircraft.

So which „person on the street“ buys a not cheap kit of a mostly unknown aircraft type, which is not that simple to assemble?

Or is it just me?

I did :D…two of em in fact. But not in this “new” scheme and, mine are on floats