JA37 Viggen, Jetmads 1/32

Aigore

Hello friend, congratulations on working with this wonderful Viggen.
I would like to know how you produced this canopy. I need to make a canopy for an AMX two-seater that I'm producing in 3D and I thought about vacum form but I would like to know about your technique for producing this canopy.
Thanks

Hercules de Araujo

1 hour ago, HerculesPA_2 said:

I would like to know how you produced this canopy. I need to make a canopy for an AMX two-seater that I'm producing in 3D and I thought about vacum form but I would like to know about your technique for producing this canopy.
Thanks

Hercules de Araujo

Im pretty sure he is using the resin canopy that comes OOB with the JetMads Viggen kit. 

8 hours ago, HerculesPA_2 said:

Thanks

Hercules de Araujo

Thanks Hercules :D

I used the resin canopy that came with the kit, I only polished it a bit.

6 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Im pretty sure he is using the resin canopy that comes OOB with the JetMads Viggen kit. 

Exactly so :)

1 hour ago, Marcel111 said:

Gutsy move using the Dremel on the canopy! Really like how this is coming together.

Marcel

Thanks Marcel :D

That was nothing.....however snapping off the flash with plyers was nerve wrecking :P

50 minutes ago, MARU5137 said:

I agree... it has come out very fine.

:clap2:  :goodjob:

I cannot see the small damage you mentioned Aigore.

:coolio:

Thanks Maru :D it's on the other side and really tiny.

8 hours ago, Scotsman said:

No kidding!

There are lot of cracker canopies in my past to feel happy about doing this  - but thank goodness it wasn't brittle

It's really important to make grooves with a hobby knife on both sides of the desired fail poin to make it work.

Hi Aigore,

Very interesting sequence of events as you removed the windscreen from the casting block and flash.  Just looking at the first pics were terrifying, but you managed to get a 95% job in the end and I bet most of us would have had the same success or a lot worse.  With the front lip painted against the black background of the glare shield, I bet you can hardly see it when finished- and only if you look for it.  Great job!

Cheers,

Chuck

31 minutes ago, chuck540z3 said:

Hi Aigore,

Very interesting sequence of events as you removed the windscreen from the casting block and flash.  Just looking at the first pics were terrifying, but you managed to get a 95% job in the end and I bet most of us would have had the same success or a lot worse.  With the front lip painted against the black background of the glare shield, I bet you can hardly see it when finished- and only if you look for it.  Great job!

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks for dropping by Chuck :D

indeed, the damage will hardly be seen when painted, it's a very small and fine crack !

I´m a scriber man and I´m ok....

Oh my, almost forgot it's friday and time for an update!

Yet another necessary step is to restore all that was lost during the sanding....

This is another chore that I loathe, perhaps because I´m not really that good at it.

These ar the weapons of choice: Tamiya scriber, an awl, a scratch tool, knife, Tamiya bendy tape and Dymo tape

IMG_5479.JPG

Put the bendy tape along the upper edge of the wing fillet.

IMG_5480.JPG

IMG_5482.JPG

And made a  gazillion soft soft pulls with the Tammy scriber, that seems to be a bit  dull :/

IMG_5481.JPG

Next I did the panellines in the fillet and restored rivets too.

IMG_5483.JPG

IMG_5484.JPG

And restored lost fuselage and wing details

IMG_5485.JPG

IMG_5486.JPG

Now I have a few blemishes to take care of....

IMG_5487.JPG

IMG_5488.JPG

IMG_5489.JPG

I decided to start with the tail....felt easiest :P

I masked up for putty and then I added green stuff generously and removed the masks.

IMG_5490.JPG

IMG_5491.JPG

End of part 1

Part 2

Now I was quite fed up with putty and scribing...I need to glue something!

That something ended up to be the wing pylons.

I simply broke them off the castingblock, the were attached really thinnly, like flash.

IMG_5492.JPG

Cleaned up the parts...

IMG_5493.JPG

Found a tiny airbubble in one of the pylons, fixed it real fast with green stuff.

IMG_5494.JPG

IMG_5495.JPG

And the pylons ready to go on.

IMG_5496.JPG

They fit quite well....whew :P

IMG_5497.JPG

And all four are on... now I´ll let the kit rest until tomorrow....when I start sanding again :P

IMG_5498.JPG

Cheers!