JA37 Viggen, Jetmads 1/32

Aigore

5 minutes ago, IvanVasili said:

I seriously doubt that, considering the upcoming 1/32 Draken ;)

Didn't say I wouldn't return  :) though I don't have the economy right now for even considering a Draken in 1/32.... with more followers on Patreon maybe it would be feasible

3 hours ago, Aigore said:

Still!? What is the problem?

IIRC, I believe he said there was some ominous note in one of his shipping updates reading something akin to a package being opened, and a Turkish address that looks like its on its way back to Turkey. I could be wrong though, just guessing. 

5 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

IIRC, I believe he said there was some ominous note in one of his shipping updates reading something akin to a package being opened, and a Turkish address that looks like its on its way back to Turkey. I could be wrong though, just guessing. 

Aww man.... well I had my replacement wing sent back to Turkey :/

Sanding.....filling.....yeah!

Finally Friday, and I have TWO updates for you today. It´s because my hobbyroom has to be empty by Sunday so the floorer can do his flooring on monday.

OK...

It´s moving forwards at least....

This is where I left off and now it has cured a for a few days and it´s time to sand...

IMG_5383.JPG

First round of sanding with 120 Grit and 320 grit, I know details will be lost but that the next fun stage of restoring lost details after the wing joints are blended in to my satisfaction.

IMG_5385.JPG

IMG_5386.JPG

IMG_5387.JPG

IMG_5388.JPG

Then some primer again to give me the honest truth....

Not so bad actually of course it´ll need another round of filling... it doesn´t seem as an inhumanly impossible task at least.

IMG_5389.JPG

IMG_5390.JPG

IMG_5391.JPG

IMG_5392.JPG

IMG_5393.JPG

This time round I try some acryllic putty, I tried using a cotton swab but I removed too much putty so I´ll let it cure in place and use some wet´n dry to sand later.

IMG_5394.JPG

IMG_5395.JPG

IMG_5396.JPG

Well enough for today.... Sorry I couldn´t give you a more exciting update  

Cheers!

YES....continious sanding and filling!

The sanding continue...

This is the state after todays sanding session...

IMG_5397.JPG

IMG_5398.JPG

After sanding another coat of primer.... looks better but there are still small holes and defects. Oh yeah and that corner of the right wing root that have snapped at some point.

IMG_5399.JPG

IMG_5400.JPG

IMG_5401.JPG

IMG_5402.JPG

IMG_5403.JPG

IMG_5404.JPG

Well that leaves me with another round of filling.... out with the tammy putty again!

IMG_5405.JPG

IMG_5406.JPG

IMG_5407.JPG

OK, I have to do something else than sanding and filling or I´ll nuts!

End of part one

Part two

Hmmm...the canopy and windscreen looks pretty alright....but they can still improve!

IMG_5408.JPG

IMG_5409.JPG

Out with the Tammy fine compound!

IMG_5411.JPG

The windshield is polished...you can see the difference between the canopy and the windshield.

IMG_5412.JPG

After both were polished I washed them in fingerwarm water and detergent to remove dust, oils and leftovers of compound.

IMG_5415.JPG

Then I took a shot!

Nah, it´s a mixture of future/klear with a 1/5th windex. The windex makes the future flow evenly. And I dipped the  clear parts until I was happy 

IMG_5416.JPG

And this is how crystal clear the got :D

I always dip my clear parts, not only because the get so clear but for it´s protective properties as well....and it doesn´t fog up  by CA-glue.

IMG_5417.JPG

IMG_5418.JPG

That´s all I got for you today!

Cheers!

34 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

Brilliant work with the canopy and windshield. I’ve got the same tamiya polishing compounds, and love the finish they can achieve. 

Thanks Pete :D

yup, can't understand how I could do without it before!

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Very nice......I just got done repeating the exact same procedure for my F7F, only I used the NOVUS polishes instead of the Tam polishes (which I have some as well).