1/35 UH-1Y Venom

matt_1185

14 hours ago, Madelf75 said:

I think the easy fix for this is to 3D print the parts you need .

Iv been talking to a friend of mine that has a 3D printer and we can’t do anything with out a high quality 3D scanner to scan the 1/48 scale venom parts then enlarge them before printing.  

For the intakes you could use something like a pair of 1/48 F-15 intakes, cut them on opposite diagonals, then move in to the correct side lengths, hope that makes sense, obviously adjust the front to replicate the Venom intakes, for the fairing above the cockpit, maybe a waterline model boat hull..?

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

For the intakes you could use something like a pair of 1/48 F-15 intakes, cut them on opposite diagonals, then move in to the correct side lengths, hope that makes sense, obviously adjust the front to replicate the Venom intakes, for the fairing above the cockpit, maybe a waterline model boat hull..?

yeah will deff be looking at all kits to see what I might be able to use haha 

Hey Matt! I actually had bought that same kit and an old Cobra kit I was going to do a conversion and then life happened. They are still collective dust. Probably will never be built. Anyways, when I was doing my research I cross paths with one of the engineers that was part of the H1 conversion and I have a few cad pictures for reference. If you want them, PM me and I'll gather up all the info I have and shoot it over to you. Let me know.

Bret

On 11/10/2021 at 1:25 PM, ShangriLa said:

Hey Matt! I actually had bought that same kit and an old Cobra kit I was going to do a conversion and then life happened. They are still collective dust. Probably will never be built. Anyways, when I was doing my research I cross paths with one of the engineers that was part of the H1 conversion and I have a few cad pictures for reference. If you want them, PM me and I'll gather up all the info I have and shoot it over to you. Let me know.

Bret

that would be sweet I could use all the help I can get haha

• 1 month later...

Well I got project Venom back on the table… I got the upper parts assembled to help give me a better mock up and it’s looking a lot better but still trying to figure out how to make the intake and lower engine covers that flow against the fuselage.. and also went ahead and assembled the complete tail section and main rotor. 

d70yvZt.jpgw8ggNpj.jpgi6dRPg9.jpgeTIB2zR.jpg XCA5jJt.jpgxu21jn7.jpghJgYntn.jpgH6YpQj6.jpgbb8lDHk.jpg

Some small updates on the upper section.   I carved out of some plastic foam  to give me a 100% idea of how it will look now to just make it out of something hard lol also used the single engine option from the Huey kit to ad to the front and fill the gap out back under the exhaust… 

s28aMWG.jpgl2rnOww.jpg8EuK8na.jpgrDe3SiH.jpg

then curing more parts away from the Viper kit to put towards the Venom from flares 

0m5G2rY.jpg