Next Tamiya kit in other scales?

Pup7309

Cashing on the recent Nashorn restoration doing the MV show circuit this year I would guess .....which no doubt will also be picked up by THAT game .....and fanboy money from the  "What am Best Nazi Tank???" crew will follow . 

Meanwhile , be nice if they did a 1/48 Buccaneer ...no seriously ....no one does a one apart from the ancient Airfix offering from nearly 30 years ago . Not sure who would buy it other than 50 something Brits and Springboks but hey...... this is a wish list . 

And yes that is a Blackburn aircraft , but one I would sorely like for my collection . 

10 hours ago, DonH said:

That is impossible. They won’t do it. A Nashorn doesn’t have TE or LE flaps. Not sure whether the nose gear was extendable but I doubt it.

Really????   One is a tank destroyer, the other is an airplane….  I didn’t think I really needed to spell that out or otherwise differentiate between the two.

The F-4B certainly does have LE and TE flaps and an extendable nose gear specifically for catapult launches.

Edited by Juggernut

On 7/15/2021 at 10:34 PM, cbk57 said:

My wish list for the next 1/48 kit is a continuation of current series so either a later p-38 or f-4C.  I have two of the current p-38, just started building one and it is amazing, I want to do one in all metal I think as they had a lot of great markings.  The f-4 series looks great also.  It looks like they are doing a variant of the f-14a in takeoff mode.  I think that is interesting.  

They could update a number of their older 1/48 kits frankly as their 190 series is behind the times, they could follow up with some 109 variants.  I have not even built their 109G and that is one I should do.  

Couldn’t agree more the F4 and p38 (yes a dream build) will be up for later variants possible same for 109 and Spit 1a. The 190s and few others could get a second look- though Eduard seem to have the Market covered. The Ki 61 made into ki 100s(?) it has been just released as a silver plated boxing. Might be nice to see these upgraded to 1/32 (?)

Ive never done jets but the Tamiya fit is so good I’m eyeing off the F4. So maybe some Cold War stuff might be good Mig-Meteror - Sabre - f35 - f18 - harrier? Certainly the lack of rigging or complex canopy masking is an attraction to these types.

Not sure if they do 20s 30s aircraft but wouldn’t that be something. I think the competition in some areas is pretty fierce from Eastern Europe and even Asia these days, but whatever Tamiya do will be awesome. Hasegawa are still putting out kits but the competition is getting strong in 1/72- 1/32 a/c from elsewhere I think for them.JMO

Edited by Pup7309

18 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Really????   One is a tank destroyer, the other is an airplane….  I didn’t think I really needed to spell that out or otherwise differentiate between the two.

The F-4B certainly does have LE and TE flaps and an extendable nose gear specifically for catapult launches.

I'm pretty sure he was just kidding around.

On 7/15/2021 at 4:08 AM, Hawkwrench said:

Probably either another Corsair, 109, 190 or another "new" model of the same ole, same ole!!!

Tim

I'd be enthused about them taking there excellent Corsair and giving us F4U-4 and/or F4U-5.

On 7/18/2021 at 4:30 AM, Radub said:

Ah, OK. I pictured a new Tamiya Ki-100 that flew under the radar. :)

Radu 

No unfortunately. I think they would just have to do new fuselage as I think the wings are common? I’d like to see this series in 1/32 as well, :D

10 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

No unfortunately. I think they would just have to do new fuselage as I think the wings are common? I’d like to see this series in 1/32 as well, :D

In real life the Ki-61 and Ki-100 have identical wings, but the wing-to-fuselage fairings and “bellies” are different, so on a model they need to be engineered differently. There are a lot of parts that are common to both aircraft.
Radu

3 hours ago, Radub said:

In real life the Ki-61 and Ki-100 have identical wings, but the wing-to-fuselage fairings and “bellies” are different, so on a model they need to be engineered differently. There are a lot of parts that are common to both aircraft.
Radu

Oh good to know so the fuselage difference means wings also need new mold? That a bit more work to make I guess. The Hasegawa ki 100 is a nice kit In any case