Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Hi guys

Not model related but i custom made this to go on the front of my red GTI

20170519_185127.jpg?dl=0

How did you emboss that? It's really cool, I'd like to make one for my old car for shows and the like.

Edited by BiggTim

Radders, is that an injection kit or vac of the An-124?  I have never heard of Modelsvit.

Fibreglass fuselage, wings and tailplanes.. the rest, cockpit, undercarriage, engines, pylons, details etc all injected. If you like love Russian/Soviet types like me, Modelsvit are worth looking into. Sadly, only 1/72nd and some 1/48th for now.

It will be included in my next order. :)

As mentioned earlier, I am trying a few 1/48 kits to get my hands used to smaller parts. (Inspired by my constant attempts at gluing something that was no longer in my fingers! :D )

I ordered 4 kits, although I have many 1/48's already. They are in large boxes I am scared to attempt getting down off the shelf. :)

So I ordered these kits and got masks and wheels for the few that are within reach. These being a Gripen, Bf109 E3, K4 and the old Tamiya D 520. Which has about 5 parts. :D

The 4th kit is a Fine Molds Reppu (Sam). Yet to arrive. As are the masks, which should have arrived last Thursday. No hurry. :)

I also replaced my original Revell 1/32 Spitfire Mk.II, which was the kit I 1st attempted. I already have decals, exhausts and a seat and just needed wheels and a mask.

I am extremely impressed by Airfix. The instruction sheet for the little Hurricane is better than most 1/32 sheets I've seen. The molding is exceedingly crisp. The seat is made from 3 pieces. In 1/48! :o

The markings that come with the kit feature an aircraft whose pilot I watched on youtube this morning discussing how he rammed a 109! However I'd already bought Finish markings. I might build 2. :)

20170522_132412_zpsgyxty1v3.jpg

I built that Hurricane last year, it's a fantastic kit that builds really easily. I added in the Eduard etch, and the Brassin wheels/exhausts.  You should have a great time with it. Just watch out for the fit of the lower wing section at the nose. Took some sanding and tweaking to get it to fit correctly

Matt  :frantic:

It will be included in my next order. :)

As mentioned earlier, I am trying a few 1/48 kits to get my hands used to smaller parts. (Inspired by my constant attempts at gluing something that was no longer in my fingers! :D )

I ordered 4 kits, although I have many 1/48's already. They are in large boxes I am scared to attempt getting down off the shelf. :)

So I ordered these kits and got masks and wheels for the few that are within reach. These being a Gripen, Bf109 E3, K4 and the old Tamiya D 520. Which has about 5 parts. :D

The 4th kit is a Fine Molds Reppu (Sam). Yet to arrive. As are the masks, which should have arrived last Thursday. No hurry. :)

I also replaced my original Revell 1/32 Spitfire Mk.II, which was the kit I 1st attempted. I already have decals, exhausts and a seat and just needed wheels and a mask.

I am extremely impressed by Airfix. The instruction sheet for the little Hurricane is better than most 1/32 sheets I've seen. The molding is exceedingly crisp. The seat is made from 3 pieces. In 1/48! :o

The markings that come with the kit feature an aircraft whose pilot I watched on youtube this morning discussing how he rammed a 109! However I'd already bought Finish markings. I might build 2. :)

20170522_132412_zpsgyxty1v3.jpg

20170522_132718_zpsibxyrnl2.jpg

20170522_132515_zpsokfylc03.jpg

Dale you're on a roll what a fantastic haul you've received.

It's good to have you back in full swing buddy!

Karim

How did you emboss that? It's really cool, I'd like to make one for my old car for shows and the like.

Sry has mentionend in another post i had it made i just chose th writting color and strlyle.

germanplates.com

Thanks Matt for the information.

Thanks for the support Karim.

I sold a really old drum. I'll never play it again so no point owning it.

I used the money to buy a heap of modeling stuff. (Things I am using. I still have much to arrive, including a 1/32 Texan, Mig 17 etc.)

Some more stuff courtesy of the old Leedy drum.

20170525_130825_zpsbpfmjzna.jpg

20170525_130902_zpsy6hjcli9.jpg

20170525_130943_zps3k52kawb.jpg

The old Leedy.

Drummers check it out. Early 1930's single ply maple Leedy Fully Dressed Broadway, 14x6 1/2. All original. I put the original wires back on it, top and bottom. :)

It went into the hands of a collector.

2014-09-24%2009.12.09-1_zpsipe8rgln.jpg

and here's me trying to keep a tight reign on my kit expenditure, LOL

Its all good though :)

Ha! Me too. :)

"Good luck!"

Is what I said to myself. ;)

Better luck to you.

I ordered the 163.

I am down to either this:

MMTS010-2.jpg

Or this.

kin_32006_title.jpg

It'll likely be the aeroplane. :)

Edited by mpk

Ha! Me too. :)

"Good luck!"

Is what I said to myself. ;)

Better luck to you.

I ordered the 163.

I am down to either this:

MMTS010-2.jpg

Or this.

kin_32006_title.jpg

It'll likely be the aeroplane. :)

Dale

The BMPT is really awesome. I bought and built one when meng released them and i still have two in the stash for the future. It's a really unique looking kit the fit is great and you have many options. I think i have a build of it in non lap works let me check. I'll post a link here if i find it so you can get an idea of what it looks like

Karim

Edit:

Found it. The build is still at this stage minus the tracks. Never got around to adding them

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=58476&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Edited by karimb

Dale

The BMPT is really awesome. I bought and built one when meng released them and i still have two in the stash for the future. It's a really unique looking kit the fit is great and you have many options. I think i have a build of it in non lap works let me check. I'll post a link here if i find it so you can get an idea of what it looks like

Karim

Edit:

Found it. The build is still at this stage minus the tracks. Never got around to adding them

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=58476&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Awesome!

Thanks Karim. :D

I ordered the hawk but will get Arnold next week :)

Bought a *rare* IMAI 1/144th resin Thunderbird 2.... not sure why, I wanted this years ago and missed out due to lack of funds, and didn't want to miss out on this one, I might keep it to have as a investment, or might just build it. Who knows... Quite excited though.

Some cool 1/72nd & 1/144th scale stuff... I really want the Special Hobby 1/32nd Yak-3 though!! Anyone got it?

Zvezda's new IL-76 (1/144th)

Amodel Yak-50 (1/72nd)

Modelsvit MiG-21 Analog (Tu-144 wing - 1/72nd)