F-4J VMFA-115 "Silver Eagle" - 1/32 Tamiya - FINISHED

Cicciuzzo

Good evening guys. Small update. I want to mount the external pylons and I had two alternatives: buy them in resin (but they are all out of stock) or modify those of the tanks in the kit. I naturally chose the second option. I first cut the pylons from the tanks. To adapt the pylons for the attack of the TER or MER we need to add the lower piece that serves to hook them that I had to build myself. The cut pylons were not quite straight but followed the undulation of the tanks so first I had to "level" the base and then add plasticard and then bring them to the right shapes. The side hooks are missing but I will mount them later. Here is the result:

941DA294-4F02-4F59-923E-30E35EAF6186

3C3B9D15-168A-4D02-8F61-D63354905E5C

E334CB05-1EA5-429B-AA68-2372B23EDEC4

6122B262-6A5F-4E66-A177-24939069EED9

439E3B36-E5C2-468D-8065-AE0000B7EE9A

Rivets and paneling from scratch, of course.

I hope you enjoy the work done. 
Thanks for your comments. ;)

Edited by Cicciuzzo

• Cicciuzzo changed the title to F-4J WMFA-115 "Silver Eagle" - 1/32 Tamiya - MODIFIED EXTERNAL PILONS
  • 1 month later...

Good morning friends of LSP. Here is my latest update on the front and rear landing gear. I added all the cables and tubes that are inside each wheel bay and on the landing gear. I also created the grille that sits in the front wheel bay with aluminum foil. I tried to mount the PE Eduard but the result was disappointing.
In addition to the cables, I also added two pistons to the rear landing gear (red arrow) and a small hook which is used to attach the bracket that will keep the small hatch open (green arrow).

Landing gear cables and tubes

carrelli

wheel bays whit grilles, cables and tubes

vano griglia

vano carrello anteriore 1

vano carrello anteriore 2

vano carrello anteriore 3

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-07 at 09.43.10

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-07 at 09.43.32

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-07 at 09.43.55

Well, I hope you enjoy the job and see you at the next step.
Thanks for your comments ;)

• Cicciuzzo changed the title to F-4J WMFA-115 "Silver Eagle" - 1/32 Tamiya - WHEEL BAYS AND LANDING GEAR

That's some nice detailing all around - gear bays, chute dispenser, etc.  Great progress!  I'm surprised to see such serious fit problems from Tamiya, but perhaps this kit is just not one of their better efforts?

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

That's some nice detailing all around - gear bays, chute dispenser, etc.  Great progress!  I'm surprised to see such serious fit problems from Tamiya, but perhaps this kit is just not one of their better efforts?

unfortunately I have encountered several editing problems. it's still an old kit

Thanks

This really is a beautiful build!  I am absolutely loving your work with extra details, it is very inspiring to me and a big help with my British Phantom conversion.

Those wheel wells look amazing, I will use your photo's to help detail mine as well, so thank you.

Tamiya seemed to really get that nose wrong, you might want to check the lower profile of the nose as it is very flat from the nose Landing gear bay to the tip of the radome.  Nothing some more CA cant fix while you are at this stage.

Just wonderful, keep up the great work!

Hi Cicciuzzo

You have done some very great work on the Tamiya Brute.  

Looking forward to your progress on this one. 

It has taken be down memory lane reliving some of the issues I had with my build.  I was hoping that these issues were of my own making, but alas I see they are common to all Tamiya 1/32 Phantoms.  I am now eyeing the F-4C/D I have in the stash with some trepidation.  

Have a great week and stay well,

good morning friends of LSP. Finally I have glued the two semi wings. I first created a plasticard template with an angle of 12 ° to use it when gluing the two pieces. The attack in the upper part leaves several spaces which I filled with plasticard; also note the two modified holes for the attachment of the external pylons. I did a test fitting the tires and I would say they are fine.

Progetto non salvato 1024x418

Progetto non salvato 1024x329

f-4

f-41

f-42

Ok, that's all for today see you at the next update. Thanks always for your comments!:D

• Cicciuzzo changed the title to F-4J WMFA-115 "Silver Eagle" - 1/32 Tamiya - NEW UPDATE
  • 2 weeks later...

Good morning dear friends of LSP. Today I show you my latest update. I mounted the PE Aires to the canopy structures and then I added some details to the MK77 MOD 4 configuring them in "Primary Fuzing".

PE Aires

Progetto non salvato 1024x499Progetto non salvato 1024x1013

MK 77 Mod 4 "Primary Fuzing"

mk77. mk77 con ter

I hope to start coloring soon.
By the way, I would like to use black surface 1500 as a primer with random white but as a white color for the lower surface which one do you recommend, the Gunze H316?
Thanks for the reply and I hope you enjoy the job.;)

Edited by Cicciuzzo

• Cicciuzzo changed the title to F-4J WMFA-115 "Silver Eagle" - 1/32 Tamiya - PE Aires canopy and MK77