mozart

Much happier with the cockpit structure now, the offending trim wheel was removed without too much trauma, but the real villain of the peace was the map storage! IT was in the wrong place, therefore the trim wheel wouldn't fit in its place, so both have been removed and relocated.  But I wonder who got it wrong in the first place? :shrug:  I blame the sketchy instructions....couldn't possibly be moi!! 

ZICkxx.jpg

jSDpgB.jpg

RB productions Sutton seat belts really are the dog's danglies, I hope whatever crisis is happening to the company right now is resolved asap because I need more!

Thanks Kev, it’s a bit of a struggle at times because of the poor instructions (again!) and the missing parts leading to much thought and improvisation.  I am making life even more difficult for myself because the Fury I want to model is fitted with spats over the wheels, so I have to decide how I’m going to overcome that little hurdle! 

NeImlb.jpg

fPyPnY.jpg

Edited by mozart

Parts for the guns, feeds and supports.  One of the latter is missing but there is a spare of one of the others so it's pressed into service - nothing much will be visible anyway once all's closed up!  

aoyYWF.jpg

Edited by mozart

The "instructions" that I'm trying to work from:

wTVbfZ.jpg

but I'm getting there:

fL12ni.jpg

TjqL5R.jpg

I have to admit that today when I came to think about adding the cocking mechanisms to the guns I realised that I have the breech blocks upside down (shhh!), I won't tell if you don't!   As can be expected, once the fuselage halves are joined damn all is visible anyway!

Post Script: OCD wouldn’t let me live with upside down guns! So they were eased off the mountings, cleaned up and put the right way round!! :unsure:

Edited by mozart

Thanks Brian.  The fit looks excellent......but it's taken a long while to get that fit!  The basics are fine(ish), but the precise placement of so many important elements needed to ensure squareness and good alignment is really arbitrary.  Without Peter Castle's excellent cockpit I would have seriously doubted whether I'd got many bits in the right place, and there's still more yet! 

20 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Exquisite looking cockpit Max! Its a very interesting project you have going on there.

Regards.Andy 

Thanks Andy, it’s a prelude to the Silver Wings Gauntlet which should be heading towards Dorset before too long! I’m also reviving my Tamiya Spitfire IX in the very near future as an antidote for poor instructions, and linked to the ATA figure which I bought recently. So many models, so little time! :frantic:

38 minutes ago, mozart said:

So many models, so little time! :frantic:

Now isn't that the truth, I'm pondering over whether to join this group build and start a new project but then I'm thinking No, finish one of your other projects with a couple not needing to much to do to them:hmmm:

Regards.Andy 

• 2 months later...

It's been a while, for which my apologies.  The build has been progressing slowly and I know will not be finished before the GB end time (again!), but I'm pleased with the over all look of this beautiful fighter.  The fuselage and lower wings are firmly glued, the top wing just resting on the cabane struts for now.  The construction is very sturdy which, for a biplane model, is reassuring!

XxG89E.jpg

4Afr4G.jpg

The two Hawkers, with the T7 Hunter in the background are separated by what, 20 - 30 years but light years in design and complexity.

Edited by mozart

Hi Max,

That's looking very good!

As always time well spent. :)

Reassuring to know that lower wings with fuselage and the cabane struts with the top wing makes for a sturdy assembly.

This makes life so much easier with biplanes.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Peter