JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

PHEW....! The first of my two en-route kits has just been placed in my hands (literally 2 mins ago) and the outer box appears to be fine with no signs of any "interesting" handling or route diversions whilst en-route. Just waiting now for the second one to arrive.

Just mentioned to hopefully reassure UK buyers still waiting for theirs given the absence of any meaningful parcel tracking information.

Gary

Edited by Gary Needham

2 hours ago, Gary Needham said:

Just mentioned to hopefully reassure UK buyers still waiting for theirs given the absence of any meaningful parcel tracking information.

The same actually here in the Colonies: it just showed up one day with no real notice. Sometimes that's the nicest thing in a day.

It's Well I've just about recovered from the shock of seeing that my one has finally arrived in the UK  and should be with me by the weekend , It's taken from the 19th  Jan to to-day 14th of Feb to make it from Turkey to the UK , ah well my first retirement  build becons

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Bill Cross said:

Supply and demand for a sold-out run. Tell it to Uber.

I think we all know how capitalism works but are you saying that if I had bought 5 of these kits and sold them on this forum, for twice the price, that it would not be met by just a little distain?

As far as I know there was a waiting list for this particular kit.. if they picked up the kits that did not sell directly I see no problem but if they hoarded them just in order to sell them at inflated prices, yeah, I do have a problem with that..

Edited by Zola25

2 hours ago, Violator1991 said:

It may also be possible that BNA is one of their retailers. And this is what retailers do: sell at double prices.

I'm glad Jetmads sells to modelers directly and we do not have to deal with this.

The price may be double but that does not suggest they double their investment. Kit plus shipment during the preorders was $344, meaning it seems they have a profit margin of 30%, which sounds reasonable.

Just remember that the BNA price is likely in Australian dollars (722.50 of them to be exact), and the exchange rates to the USD, GBP, and Euro are not great. For example, that figure currently equates to about 477 USD - though I honestly don't remember the original price, and that still seems very high to me. I had to pass on the Draaken for that very reason.

Kev

22 hours ago, Zola25 said:

I think we all know how capitalism works but are you saying that if I had bought 5 of these kits and sold them on this forum, for twice the price, that it would not be met by just a little distain?

As far as I know there was a waiting list for this particular kit.. if they picked up the kits that did not sell directly I see no problem but if they hoarded them just in order to sell them at inflated prices, yeah, I do have a problem with that..

Do we know how capitalism works? Do we?

It seems someone is always bellyaching about price gouging for one thing or another. Then when a manufacturer or retailer goes out of business, we shed tears.

If you had the spare cash to invest in 5 kits and did so, then I would not object to you selling them for whatever the market would bear. But you might buy five kits and find no takers at that price. Not every sold-out kit is a windfall.

In the interest of full disclosure, I sold my last two WNW's kits for much more than I paid for them. Good for me. Others are doing the same. Good for them. That may offend you, but no one here owes anyone else a discounted price because we hang out on the Internet. I apologize if that sounds harsh, but what you're saying seems naive.

Edited by Bill Cross
clarity