Jump to content

Lukgraph Hawker Nimrod Mk.1 announced!


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 3:50 PM, Royboy said:

This model is superb!

I wonder if it's such a big step to step up to limited run IM kits for him?

Certainly should increase his sales from the non resin builders.

I'm certainly tempted here!

 

 

The up front capital cost increase would be gargantuan.      

 

Zac

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zac_Zolar said:

 

The up front capital cost increase would be gargantuan.      

 

Zac

I think 3D printing is already revolutionising the hobby.

With the quality your achieving perhaps it's the way forward for some manufacturers now.

Lovely stuff, please keep them coming!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have never tried resin then be tempted. These new technology resin kits fit together very well.  The incessant underwater sanding to reduce dust just to make parts fit (and with filler) is gone.  My Dragon Rapide kit looks like a great styrene kit but needs CA glue.  It’s not Tamiya but Tamiya Marketing Department is not interested in this aircraft. The industry now needs to work on reducing cost.  This kit will be a Christmas present for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Royboy said:

I think 3D printing is already revolutionising the hobby.

With the quality your achieving perhaps it's the way forward for some manufacturers now.

Lovely stuff, please keep them coming!

 

I think the missing link with 3D printing is going to be clear transparencies. Once those are accomplished, the sky's the limit! Or, someone has already accomplished this and I have been under a rock.

 

- Dennis S.

  Thornton, CO USA

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

 

I think the missing link with 3D printing is going to be clear transparencies. Once those are accomplished, the sky's the limit! Or, someone has already accomplished this and I have been under a rock.

 

- Dennis S.

  Thornton, CO USA

 

I think the main approach so far has been to print the masters from which to make vacform canopies.

 

Kev

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

 

I think the main approach so far has been to print the masters from which to make vacform canopies.

 

Kev

 

I can say for me, Vac-form canopies is what keeps me away from several subjects. I've tried many times, but just can't seem to master the process. I'm sure I'm not alone, unfortunately. It keeps my away from many kits that I would otherwise love to have and build some day. That's the only thing keeping my away from Lukgraph's Dragon Rapide. But, if we could 3D print clear canopies... think of the possibilities! Those 1/32 B-24 turrets would be a breeze. Maybe some day I'll get better at vac-form stuff, but it hasn't happened yet.

 

- Dennis S.

  Thornton, CO USA

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2020 at 12:32 AM, Dennis7423 said:

 

I can say for me, Vac-form canopies is what keeps me away from several subjects. I've tried many times, but just can't seem to master the process. I'm sure I'm not alone, unfortunately. It keeps my away from many kits that I would otherwise love to have and build some day. That's the only thing keeping my away from Lukgraph's Dragon Rapide. But, if we could 3D print clear canopies... think of the possibilities! Those 1/32 B-24 turrets would be a breeze. Maybe some day I'll get better at vac-form stuff, but it hasn't happened yet.

 

- Dennis S.

  Thornton, CO USA

Please someone do the B-24 turrets!:help:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...