4 minutes ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

that, and the amount of false information has made me step away from that so-called social media.

Says he on social media...

:D

Richard

That's looking a fantastic build! My wallet is starting to twitch......

Those videos are fascinating to watch. Never realized just how sophisticated the '108 is until now. However when it was pointed out that an aux fuel tank AND the battery were added to the luggage bay, I sounded like C3P0 when they were flying into the asteroid field. What a dumb thing to do. Glad they're returning it to stock!

Hi Guys,

Some progress:

Filling and sanding.  Lots of it.

49948180507_8f21154666_c.jpgMore inside by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

There's a small drain pipe under the motor, Made from Albion Alloys 0.6mm Brass Tube.

49978804322_da83a15658_c.jpgSon by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

There are tiny little hinge brackets for the flaps and ailerons.. Mine did a few dives on the carpet so I had to hack up a few bits of plastic rod and strip.

49978803962_221a6faef2_c.jpgSon by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

The undersides of the slats needed some strip.  I contemplated curving the plastic but thought better of it - not exactly if anyone's going to physically see the model for the foreseeable future, is it?

49978804547_0f4a98f620_c.jpgSon by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

Tailplanes added.

49978544806_2fcc4e7650_c.jpgSon by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

49978545946_8c83ee6988_c.jpgSon by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Hi Guys,

I forgot to say I got a lot more info about the Trop tank fit and decided as the cockpit was already assembled there wasn't any room to add the details.  So I've ripped out the tanks and fitted the seat.  I didn't want to take out the half seat squab to fit the full width version as the belts were already superglued down and the chances were they would get damaged so I fitted the half seat squab from the second kit.  So now I'm back to two four seaters.  Rest assured I have another kit started to do a detailed Trop with tanks version.

No details so had to go!

49953943307_04a5410ef8_c.jpgChanges by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

And a few minutes later...….

49953158513_956fe8cfa1_c.jpgChanges by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

Test fit of the half seat squab from the second kit.  Yes, that'll do.

49953942937_e43cb0174a_c.jpgChanges by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

And some paint....

49966590427_3ac89a02dd_c.jpgLatest by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

49966588817_2d1b9fa3cf_c.jpgLatest by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

I'm left with a couple of holes in the floor where the oil tank went but there's going to be a judiciously placed briefcase, small luggage case or similar there eventually.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Edited by Bruce_Crosby

On 5/29/2020 at 8:26 PM, Astro32 said:

That's looking a fantastic build! My wallet is starting to twitch......

Those videos are fascinating to watch. Never realized just how sophisticated the '108 is until now. However when it was pointed out that an aux fuel tank AND the battery were added to the luggage bay, I sounded like C3P0 when they were flying into the asteroid field. What a dumb thing to do. Glad they're returning it to stock!

I'm with you there, if money wasn't so tight and I didn't already have several kits started I'd be placing an order for one of these....and a 1/35th Italieri T34, and a 1/32 Tamiya F4U-1A, and a 1/48 Zoukei-Maura F-4J and......oh the list goes on and on. Anyway, I'm really enjoying the build(s). Keep up the good work.

• 1 year later...