1/32 Eduard Messerschmitt Bf 108B Taifun KG + EM Libya 1942

monthebiff

A little more done on the Taifun with the wheel wells painted and completed after adding the Eduard brass additions followed by fixing the lower wing in place.

20220107-221247.jpg

20220107-221319.jpg

A pretty good fit with not to much clean up needed and then on to the control surfaces. 

Regards. Andy 

Main airframe work done now with all control surfaces fitted which all needed drilling and pinning with brass rod as there are no attachment points whatsoever on this kit!

20220108-201733.jpg

20220109-192120.jpg

20220109-192216.jpg

A few small details to add as well as detailing the canopy interior and ready to paint!

Regards. Andy 

• monthebiff changed the title to 1/32 Eduard Messerschmitt Bf 108B Taifun KG + EM Libya 1942

Looks great - I wonder why Eduard don't do more 1/32nd kits, I like them...

The paint work looks great. I recently started using AK Real Colors as well, and man... do they lay down nice !!! However doing a RLM74/75 scheme I found the match to the real RLM to be not good - way too much contrast between the two... But your colors look great to my eye. My color-nazi friend says the AKRC are hit and miss with regards to color accuracy. Not something that matters a lot to me - it has to be bad if I can see it, but with the RLM74/75 I could...

15 hours ago, Jaro said:

Super! There are many painting schemes the Bf 108 looks good, but an African one is ultra-cool.

Thank you, Eduard Profipack's schemes are all very nice,  equally the weekend edition has some really nice pre war schemes.

Regards. Andy 

11 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Looks great, is that a glass of cider in the background, and if so, is it an integral part to your mottling technique, asking for a friend?

Very good spot Kagemusha, you are indeed correct it is indeed a glass of Somerset s finest apple juice which always brings out some of my finest works :wacko:

Regards. Andy 

9 hours ago, Thomas Lund said:

Looks great - I wonder why Eduard don't do more 1/32nd kits, I like them...

The paint work looks great. I recently started using AK Real Colors as well, and man... do they lay down nice !!! However doing a RLM74/75 scheme I found the match to the real RLM to be not good - way too much contrast between the two... But your colors look great to my eye. My color-nazi friend says the AKRC are hit and miss with regards to color accuracy. Not something that matters a lot to me - it has to be bad if I can see it, but with the RLM74/75 I could...

The 108 is a lovely little kit for sure, I have a 109 on the go which I'm not such a fan of though but getting there with it but it would be nice if Eduard managed to release a few more 32nd scale kits. The AK stuff lays down super smooth and I will be definitely using more.

Regards. Andy 

Thank you all for your kind comments on my choice of colour scheme, decals on now

20220218-223037.jpg

20220218-223048.jpg

Not sure if these are Cartograph decals or not as no mention of their name on the sheet, they are super thin and very hard to deal with though that's for sure.

Regards. Andy 

8 hours ago, dennismcc said:

What a great job you are doing with that, the interior and the main paint work look really great, really looking forward to more progress.

Cheers

Dennis

Thank you Dennis, it's a nice kit to build and so many nice schemes to choose from 

Regards. Andy