1/35 Kitty Hawk MH-60L DAP

oppenheimer

17 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

Please enlighten us as to how you’ve achieved the finish. I’ve got the same kit and the black has been giving me nightmares about getting right. 

Pete, yes the black is a nightmare to work with, for the first time i am using oils to do the tonal variations on the black is the only way i found to get i nice looking black finish

28 minutes ago, oppenheimer said:

Pete, yes the black is a nightmare to work with, for the first time i am using oils to do the tonal variations on the black is the only way i found to get i nice looking black finish

It’s fantastically convincing, I love it. 

I’ve often wondered if a drop or two of blue/brown/green/grey to the black, using various mixes to give the variations required. I shall be utilising paint mules for many many experiments. 

On 4/29/2020 at 9:50 PM, chuck540z3 said:

I always smile when I see your work Jorge.  Meticulous and well photographed as always.  You are a Master.

Cheers,

Chuck

thanks Chuck, but nothing compares to your work as well as you photographic log of your work

Jorge

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Superb work, Jorge! Glad to see you back.

Kev

Thanks Kev, its being a long time without doing something bigger than 1/48, but i am a big fan of the black hawk helicopter family, so you will see much more of it, as i am planning to buy all the Kitty Hawk releases of this chopper

Jorge

Edited by oppenheimer