ICM Stearman PT-17/N2S-3 Kaydet -3D renders

Jan_G

On 3/31/2020 at 1:52 AM, Bradleygolding said:

Oh, yes. We might have a winner here folks!!!!!

Very very nice.

Steve

I have the Roden kit and the build is going well.  I am surprised at how large the model is.

Rick

Edited by Rick Griewski
Add Roden

I am about ready to begin rigging my Roden Stearman.  Just sat it on landing gear today albeit without tailwheel.  Still has a fair amount of detailing remaining, but I'm happy with it, especially since I got the wings and struts on.  I have detailed thread in In Progress section.

Rigged the old Hasegawa F4B-4 a couple of days ago.

qdJOk2.jpg

• 1 month later...

An embarrassment of riches. Who ever thought we would see two of these come out within months of each other. I have the Roden kit but will have to get this one. I have a soft spot for the Stearman having been taken for an aerobic ride in one built in 1937.

I like the engineering on lower wings and larger recesses for cabane and N struts compared to Roden kit.  I think the wing alignment and assembly will be much easier.  That was the single hardest hurdle on Roden.  I also like the ICM has both wood Sensenish and metal McCauley props.  

looking forward to this kit and it will be an immediate build on receipt.  I still have a second Roden to build and anticipate a couple ICM.  The ICM will likely be built up as Navy N2S since the Roden was built at PT-17.   Next after than will a duster...

On 7/7/2020 at 2:12 AM, Trak-Tor said:

And this is another one - MODEL KIT No 32052 (the one above is numbered as 32050):

www.icm.com.ua/news - Stearman PT-13/N2S-2/5 Kaydet, American Training Aircraft

What are the differences besides the engine?

Juraj

No difference between the other than engine and accessory cowling. The PT-13/N2S2 and -4 had 225hp Lycoming R-680 with nine cylinders where PT-17/N2S-1/3/5 had 220hp Continental W-670 with seven cylinders.  The accessory cowling immediately behind the engine is slightly different because of Continental rear exhaust vs Lycoming front exhaust.  Also the left side cowling door placement of starter crank base, T-handle pull to engage handcranked starter and fuel primer location is different.  Beyond that pretty much identical.   

Edited by JimRice