Our Hobby needs a nice P-38

LSP_Ron

18 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

I just watched a very good show on the P-38. 

We really need a good example of this plane in 1/32. It is one of the major players of WW2 that is really under represented in our scale.

Just a thought

You are singing my favorite song, sir!!! Sing louder!!

IMHO not just in 1/32 scale either.

I would love Airfix to do this in 1/24 scale!

License to print money here, never been done in this scale and around the size of the Mossie so quite manageable for display.

If I were to be in charge I'd certainly put it into the next 'big five' subjects for production!

In the meantime a nice 1/32 scale would be well appreciated from Tamiya too!!!!  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Royboy said:

IMHO not just in 1/32 scale either.

I would love Airfix to do this in 1/24 scale!

License to print money here, never been done in this scale and around the size of the Mossie so quite manageable for display.

If I were to be in charge I'd certainly put it into the next 'big five' subjects for production!

In the meantime a nice 1/32 scale would be well appreciated from Tamiya too!!!!  :rolleyes:

You are bringing a tear of joy to my eye, stop!!! :crying:

1 hour ago, LSP_Mike said:

What is so bad about the trumpy kit? I picked one up last year thinking it better than the Revell kit.

It is definitely better than the Revell kit, so don't worry!! Light years better.

I also got a chuckle out of the omission of the letter 'Y' in Ron's last post!!! Made me read it a few times to make sure I saw it right.

Ron

Edited by BiggTim

Agreed,  but not comparable to what Dragon did with the Me-110 vs Revell or what Tamiya did with the Mossie compared to Revell, nor what they did with the Corsair compared to Revell, nor what PCM did with the Hurri compared to Revell.

I don't see how comparing a 1970's kit to a circa 2000's kit has anything to do with my comment, there is still a big hole there regardless if the Trumpy kit can be wrestled into something that looks reasonably good.