Why we don't have these obvious WWI Large Scale Aircraft kits?

kkarlsen

Keep.in mind companies are already working on the kits that will be released between now and 2024-2025! If WnW keeps more or less the same pace of releases, this means that notwithstanding variants of existing kits (and releases from new players in the WW1 kits arena) at least a dozen of new topics will be kitted. Time will tell but I'm ready to bet my shirt that the 504 is among them! 

11 hours ago, John1 said:

Feh...   I’m still trying to get my arms around the fact that we’ve got a plethora of obscure WW1 kits that most modelers have zero interest in and yet not a single manufacturer seems interested in a new tool F-86 Saber.    

Didn't Italeri-Kinetic produce a regular F-86 Sabre? Why did it disappear so quickly? Where can I find a new one?

Tony

Edited by Tony T
should have gone to Specsavers

23 hours ago, Radub said:

the "German" and the "popular"

So I have been following your posts here and I'm interested in hearing what makes a subject more popular than the other?

As it is obvious that 'popularity' has nothing to do with the most produced aircraft, apparently it's more in the direction of the producers own favorite...

The three Avro 504, SPAD XIII and the B.e.2c  seems to fall into the 'popular' category for many of you, although not German.

What I do not get is the 'Jenny' and the DH.4. none of you have commented on these.

One would guess that these mostly 'American' subjects would be a predictable success on the large US market?

Kent

20 minutes ago, kkarlsen said:

So I have been following your posts here and I'm interested in hearing what makes a subject more popular than the other?

As it is obvious that 'popularity' has nothing to do with the most produced aircraft, apparently it's more in the direction of the producers own favorite...

The three Avro 504, SPAD XIII and the B.e.2c  seems to fall into the 'popular' category for many of you, although not German.

What I do not get is the 'Jenny' and the DH.4. none of you have commented on these.

One would guess that these mostly 'American' subjects would be a predictable success on the large US market?

Kent

Iconic a/c such as Spads are always popular. Training a/c with no guns and lots of rigging (and higher price point) have less appeal IMO. Just how it is. Although unpredictable, kit companies can estimate how a kit will go in the market. 

Some people like subjects like Be’s, but most like Camels and Albatros’ with twin mg’s, interesting profiles and markings. (Or less rigging - Fokker dvii, Hansa Brandenburg etc)

Edited by Pup7309