Jump to content
Breaker

1/32 Icelandic Fine Arts Buccaneer - Detail Shots

Recommended Posts

 

Quote

Could do with losing a little weight around the hips though...

 

Couldn't we all!

 

and remember Curves=Character ...The buc is so much more homely that the Botoxed, anorexic F-16...:whistle:

 

and with that I'm running for the hills!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a semi related note, Icelandic Fine Art are the people (the guy?) working with Lost British Projects for the 1/32 TSR.2, and not strictly LSP but certainly “L” in size - a 1/48 Victor...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding decals, I am thinking of building a machine in EDSG with the pale blue letters/numbers, etc. Originally I was looking at the Kits World sheet with mainly the RAF machines on it but I have now changed my mind to the one with the test airframes - but I still want some red/blue roundels and fin flashes so if the KW decal enlargement comes off and someone doesn't need the red/blue stuff for their build, please think of me!!

 

Good looking jet though, you have to admit - certainly prettier than an F4 !! Probably on a par with an F/A-18 on the good looks/bad looks spectrum!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SimonCornes said:Probably on a par with an F/A-18 on the good looks/bad looks spectrum!!

I was thinking A-10 myself. Love it but Flip it’s ugly:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone got anything on the internal structure of the Buccaneer - purely for curiosity. I'm interested to know what is going on with those bulges towards the rear

 

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Has anyone got anything on the internal structure of the Buccaneer - purely for curiosity. I'm interested to know what is going on with those bulges towards the rear

 

Richard

It might be in the Haynes manual which is going for £5 new on Amazon at the mo, or http://www.avcollect.com/blackburnbuccaneer.html

 

Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

As far as I'm remembering this is only the location of electronic boxes. 

 

IMG-20191112-185258.jpg

 

Wow, I'm surprised at that. The fuselage is very noticeably bigger at the rear than the front

 

The Spey is pretty cylindrical:

 

Spey-Mk202.jpg

 

http://plane-crazy.k-hosting.co.uk/Aircraft/Jets/Phantom/pages/mcdonnell_phantom.htm

 

So I can't see that's what the bulging is for

 

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

put SIMPLY the bulging will be Seers hack style body to help keep a more constant cross section on the aircraft to increase Mcrit (critical mach) and the shockwaves associated with it

 

in other words, the more you can maintain a similar cross sectional area along the length of the plane, the better it is aerodynamically, the fuselage gets fatter after the engines to make up for the lack of cross sectional area of the engines at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Markjames1968 said:

put SIMPLY the bulging will be Seers hack style body to help keep a more constant cross section on the aircraft to increase Mcrit (critical mach) and the shockwaves associated with it

 

in other words, the more you can maintain a similar cross sectional area along the length of the plane, the better it is aerodynamically, the fuselage gets fatter after the engines to make up for the lack of cross sectional area of the engines at that point.

 

Just checking my understanding. Are you saying the fuselage has got taller towards the rear because it has also become narrower  - thereby maintaining the cross-sectional area?

 

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RLWP said:

 

Just checking my understanding. Are you saying the fuselage has got taller towards the rear because it has also become narrower  - thereby maintaining the cross-sectional area?

 

Richard

The fuselage gets taller and wider as the jet pipes end in order to maintain a similar cross sectional area to reduce variations in airflow speed , it is called (as a generalisation ) area ruling of an aircraft , ive boiled it down to its absolute basic description here but hopefully the principle should come accross..

 

if it helps, other aircraft that use it to a lesser degree perhaps are the f102 and f105..

Edited by Markjames1968
Addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Markjames1968 said:

The fuselage gets taller and wider as the jet pipes end in order to maintain a similar cross sectional area to reduce variations in airflow speed , it is called (as a generalisation ) area ruling of an aircraft , ive boiled it down to its absolute basic description here but hopefully the principle should come accross..

 

You can warm it up a bit if you want - I passed my fluid mechanics module in my engineering degree, although it was a ridiculous number of years ago

 

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RLWP said:

 

Just checking my understanding. Are you saying the fuselage has got taller towards the rear because it has also become narrower  - thereby maintaining the cross-sectional area?

 

Richard

it's called the "area rule",102'106 and Mirage 3 are the more elegant example of applying it

the Bucc crews just stored their beers there :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...