1/32 Icelandic Fine Arts Buccaneer - Detail Shots

Breaker

1 minute ago, Mistral said:

All this talk of RAF and what if schemes :huh: . What about a nice dark grey/PRU blue SAAF Buc from the late 80's armed with 8 x 460kg bombs in the Angola Bush War :rolleyes:

I have a pic of one carrying at least 15 somewhere!!! 

21 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Actually I have some as well as Flightpath sets. I initially got them for my Hawk kits. Regarding the Buccaneer I'm currently hesitating between one wraparound camo bird with the four big antiship sea eagle missiles or one with white painted over the green and cbls load... Not an easy choice! 

Little magnets..... problem solved! 

Thierry, I'm seriously thinking about the same load out as you, with 4 Sea Eagles , I  built a Tornado GR-1b A few years back using the Flightpath missiles, and they are serous project in their own right , beautifully detailed , but well worth it , 

ColinR

21 hours ago, blackbetty said:

my haynes arrived yesterday, nice book. lotsa pics

does the kit (mine is on its way) come with scale plans? or doi have to find some?

There are plans in the two Aeroguides, the War paint and the Ian Allan books. The ones that look the most useful (but not necessarily accurate) are the plans from the War paint or the Aeroguide number 30. For walkaround pics, the best source is the Fox Two books. 

2 hours ago, Scotsman said:

Thierry, I'm seriously thinking about the same load out as you, with 4 Sea Eagles , I  built a Tornado GR-1b A few years back using the Flightpath missiles, and they are serous project in their own right , beautifully detailed , but well worth it , 

ColinR

Indeed, the Flightpath missiles rely on their classical origami concept! Quite time-consuming alas! The point I still have to assess is the pylons as it does not like the kit have them. 

As an aside the December issue of SAM might be of interest to some of us as it includes a build of the new Airfix kit with some useful photos and also the Colour Conundrum article about Squirrel Grey Bucks. You can make of that what you will but there is a lot about the correct colours for naval Bucks.

The lack of outer pylons is a nuisance Thierry,, but an initial perusal of the various pics suggests that they're pretty simple , (I hope!) , but I might be investing in an Airfix 72nd  kit for some  inspiration,

Oh and a quick heads up , UK mag Scale Aircraft Modeing  this month has a decent article looking at RN Buccaneer colours inc. Squirrel  Grey - definitely worth getting if an RN Buc is you choice 

ColinR

19 minutes ago, Scotsman said:

The lack of outer pylons is a nuisance Thierry,, but an initial perusal of the various pics suggests that they're pretty simple , (I hope!) , but I might be investing in an Airfix 72nd  kit for some  inspiration,

Oh and a quick heads up , UK mag Scale Aircraft Modeing  this month has a decent article looking at RN Buccaneer colours inc. Squirrel  Grey - definitely worth getting if an RN Buc is you choice 

ColinR

Fortunately, with the different set of plans I have, I should be able to create the pylons and adaptors!

Woohoo - I wasn't too late to the party in ordering one! So sometime in the New Year it is then.

Now, if any enterprising 3-D modeller/resin caster would care to do the hinge mechanisms that show under the removed upper wing panels that were fashionable in the 80's, that'd be great.

Yes, I scratched them - along with a scale mobile all moving tailplane - in 1/72 scale a couple of decades ago, but recreating multiple mirrored parts is what modern technology is for, innit?