32nd scale B-52 from HPH

blackbetty

Wow! This is great news :)

btw this topic should be moved to LSP Discussion 

to answer original question, while I consider myself as big HPH fan and I like to build their kits I decided myself that till i will finish my Cat I won’t buy C-47, even is one of my favourite plane. I don’t have display issues with big kits and price is not show stopper for me. However while ZM, Tamiya or WNW would bring out C-47 for 700€ I would buy it immediately just because of the huge amount of fun while building it. With HPH its more like you are getting big expensive challenge of your own modelling skills. 

So I can say that I won’t buy B-52 (lack of interest).

however I will preorder B-29 in heartbeat just because it’s my favourite bomber of WWII once there will be such possibility :D

jan

Not my interest at all but some one having this mounted to the ceiling in their own hobby room in flight mode with an X-15 slung under a wing would be the envy of all the rest of us.   This kit would be really impressive to see built up.  

A B-58 or an SR-71 would also be too cool for school.   

Troy 

7 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

A B-58

100 investors in a 1/32nd B-52?  Maybe.............maybe not. 

However, Id just about guarantee you could get 100 investors for a 1/32nd B-58. Not turning this into a want list, but Im just not confident you could get 100 people to commit to spending that much. There will be a lot who could afford it, but are not interested in a 1/32nd B-52. There  will be some who would 100% get a 1/32nd BUFF, but can't afford it. There will also be those who can afford it and also are also very interested in getting a 32nd BUFF,  but simply don't have anywhere to put a model that is 6' across. Or they do have the room, but the SWMBO says no go to displaying a kiddie pool sized model airplane in the common area. 

I would cut a triangular size hole in the side of my house to make room for a 1:32 scale B-58 Hustler.  I don’t even particularly like jets!    There is something about the look of this aircraft that is so mid century cool.      

Second thoughts.  I’d mount it towards the highest point of the ceiling in flight mode just to avoid snapping off the landing gear over and over again..  Hopefully, the lower fuselage massive pod would come with the kit.  Cover it in ten yards of thin aluminum foil.  Lol.  Endless fun.  

The Buff would also be super cool to see as a massive ceiling duct collector with multiple scheme options.  

I am sure that there are at least 100 people that would want a 1/32 b-52. Reaching them would be the hard part as most people with the space/money/time for such a massive project are generally not on internet modelling forums (At least in my area). I for one wouldn't be interested in a 1/32 buff, its too big even for my vast modeling space and budget.

Edited by The Dude

People on eBay are spending $1000's on 21st Century/Merit/BBI 1/18 prebuilt planes. One of the 21st Avengers sold recently for over $1000 in a damaged box. They originally sold for $40 at places like Walmart and Target.

There are definitely 100 people in the world who would buy a B-52, but as was mentioned they aren't the type of people who frequent forums like this. Hph needs to find a way to market themselves to those guys--the rich collectors willing to pay for big ticket items. That would certainly help fund other projects.

On 9/4/2019 at 7:18 PM, ghatherly said:

I don't know any of the details.  HPH used fiberglass because of the cost of injection molding and it allows for a strong, thin shell.   Resin would be even thicker and not structurally sound anywhere close to a scale shape. Both Plastic and Resin would lead to serious inaccuracies with the finished model shape and/or interior details.     All I Know is I have seen 3D printed parts for most of the interior and one engine and that it is not GT Resin.  

Can you reveal more info Gary please?

based on your description it could be Resin2Detail. Brian is working on many detail sets for 1/48 B-29 at the moment and wants to produce fiberglass kits with 3D printed details ;)

4 hours ago, timvkampen said:

1250...Hobby out of control. Fascinating kit of course...and huge by any standard (the 48 version will already eclipse most 32 offerings out there)

how is then hobby out of control?  I am thankful that the Technology exists to enable small companies to offer products that the big model kit companies would never even consider.   I realize that not everyone can afford to or choose to spend that much, but still the offering as a possibility is a good thing.

4 hours ago, timvkampen said:

1250...Hobby out of control. Fascinating kit of course...and huge by any standard (the 48 version will already eclipse most 32 offerings out there)

The hobby is fine. I just went to a little model show this morning and there were lots of kids buying "pocket money" 1/72 models.

This kind of "superkit" is aimed at experienced modellers. I would not say that one needs "deep pockets" to the tackle this,  but rather "years of experience".

Radu

First No, I'm not interested, and with a wife in the  legal profession and she has pointed out more than once that  divorce is more expensive than a 1/32 B-52, but I do have a copy of the old FSM from WAAAAAY back that features the scratchbuilt 1/32 B-52D... 6 foot wingspan .. seriously ...! 

No.. 

Just no!