what if we strongly encouraged WnW to tool a B-17G?

Thunderbolt

Thing is, I don't think the B-17 is of any interest to Sir Peter. I don't claim to have any inside knowledge of what goes on in his head, but judging from what he's done so far with British and German Great War subjects, I wouldn't hold out much hope. The Lancaster is connected to another project that's very close to his heart and I suspect that will be the end of any Second World War subjects.

But what do I know? Feel free to try. 

Edited by R Palimaka

Agreed, unfortunately I would have to concur, the chances of that are about as slim as WnW doing a jet.

I would also probably agree it would be due to Sir Peter's lack of interest on that particular subject.

I would say the only subjects Sir Peter is going to put out are ones he himself is interested in.

Cant hurt to ask though.

You can always ask.  When the Lancaster came out I emailed them and said something along the line I know you are busy but would you please consider planes that used the RR Merlin and Packard Merlin like the early spitfire and the P-51B.  They will almost certainly read your email from my experience and a reasonable chance they will answer a few such emails.  I think they answered mine with a thank you or something.  

"Strongly encourage", as in turning up on his doorstep, en masse, at 3 in the morning with baseball bats and various sharp pointy farm implements?

Because I think that's the only thing that would work.

A guy who releases DFW C.V's and DH.9's, whilst ignoring Fokker Dr.I's, D.VIII's, BE.2's, DH.4's, Nieuport, SPAD's, Avro 504k, Curtis Jenny, Breguet XIV, Caproni's, Caudron's, Macchi M.5, Short 184, Vickers FB5, One & a Half Strutter, etc, etc, doesn't take any normal sort of "encouragement", he just does whatever the hell he wants.

2 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

"Strongly encourage", as in turning up on his doorstep, en masse, at 3 in the morning with baseball bats and various sharp pointy farm implements?

Because I think that's the only thing that would work.

A guy who releases DFW C.V's and DH.9's, whilst ignoring Fokker Dr.I's, D.VIII's, BE.2's, DH.4's, Nieuport, SPAD's, Avro 504k, Curtis Jenny, Breguet XIV, Caproni's, Caudron's, Macchi M.5, Short 184, Vickers FB5, One & a Half Strutter, etc, etc, doesn't take any normal sort of "encouragement", he just does whatever the hell he wants.

You seem frustrated. Would you like to talk about it?

6 minutes ago, thunderbolt1988 said:

You seem frustrated. Would you like to talk about it?

I think I have spent an inordinate amount of time mulling it over!!

Retirement can do that. You suddenly have days and days of free time.

8 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

I think I have spent an inordinate amount of time mulling it over!!

Retirement can do that. You suddenly have days and days of free time.

I envy all of your free building time. 

Signed, 

Dr. 80 hr work week, MD

1 hour ago, DeanKB said:

I bet we see quite a few of those from WNW over time though....