AK Interactive Real Colors WWII Aircraft Paint

LSP_Kevin

Good review and thanks for the paint comparisons, but I suspect we all knew things would miss more than match anyway.

I am too invested in other paints at the moment to switch over, but likely would as I run out of particularly colors. I do have to say the AK paints for the RAF match my memory of what I painted my Spitfires as a kid. I know they were Testors enamels in the little bottles at the very least.

Thanks for the review, Kevin!  I've picked up a few of these paints to test myself and I find their physical properties as acrylics similar to the paints I normally use much to my liking.  The actual shades of the colors are something of a mixed bag.  Some I like... others not so much.  Very interesting to see them produce RLM 83 as a blue.  Although it may be technically correct, it's bound to cause some confusion for Luftwaffe modelers.  Will it be a matter of time before we someone paint a Bf109 in blue?

Edited by Thunnus

Wow, that is a very interesting review, thanks Kev.

It is fascinating how different manufacturers interpret various colours. You have reinforced my recent conclusion that I will stick with the paints I know and can use rather than chase the holy grail of accuracy in colour. That, I feel, is a waste of time for me, at least. If I can't get seams to disappear, why worry if my shade of dark green is accurate!!!