3-D Printed Velociraptor (unknown scale)

chrish

Hot for the spot the CF 18 was in, this kit moved right in. As far as kits go...I cant really call it complicated, 7 parts not including the clips to make it "snap" together which I didn't use, instead opting for 2 part epoxy.

assembly (about an hour, including filing all butt joints with a rasp)

vDuMB13.jpg

OH3NHsT.jpg

EGo2csM.jpg

GL2eHh0.jpg

XJJKnBg.jpg

next... painting.

5 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

Sweet! Did you print that yourself or buy it somewhere?

Nope not me! I cant even make my paper printer do what I want! I bought this from a guy who did print it and has (had?) a listing for them on Ebay in the USA for about 40.00 USD's He makes them as ordered so it can take a couple of weeks depending how busy he gets. The pose is slightly boring I think (reminiscent of a dog begging for a bone?) but the painting part is the reason I bought it. On a side note, the casting is tough as nails and light as a feather with a slightly honeycombed hollow inside. This is my first experience with 3 D printed objects, is this the norm? 

57 minutes ago, chrish said:

Nope not me! I cant even make my paper printer do what I want! I bought this from a guy who did print it and has (had?) a listing for them on Ebay in the USA for about 40.00 USD's He makes them as ordered so it can take a couple of weeks depending how busy he gets. The pose is slightly boring I think (reminiscent of a dog begging for a bone?) but the painting part is the reason I bought it. On a side note, the casting is tough as nails and light as a feather with a slightly honeycombed hollow inside. This is my first experience with 3 D printed objects, is this the norm? 

Yes.  Making the internal structure partially "air" saves on material going through the printer.

Cool project by the way!  Will look forward to seeing how you paint it.  I guess the rage these days is suggesting that dinosaurs may have been very brightly/vividly colored.

Thanks for looking guys!

This dino. will be in combat camouflage mottle of browns and greens. with lighter coloured undersides. Nothing bright about him...or me!

definitely not a tail dragger, almost a knuckle dragger though.

Thanks guys, it's great fun letting my imagination go...

a bit of painting done tonight.

seams(such as they are)  filled and primed

FmMBDDQ.jpg

The context of the vignette... The figure is "Brave Marudea" from E 2046 (but, with cloths on Milliput putty)

XihPHPG.jpg

hHjOF1F.jpg

Bxuunyn.jpg

work (ya right) continues...

Thanks a lot...great relaxation too!

A bit more painting done tonight using suggestions from my daughter (the family artist) 

Microscale "Micro Crystal Clear" applied to make the eyes smooth, then white paint as a base then yellow & green blended for the eye color

Y3Znb93.jpg

gloss coated yellow, black added for the slit pupil and gloss coated again. Doesn't look as much like a dog begging anymore?

gEc0BAy.jpg

zgv99Ka.jpg

Thinking of some oil washes now....

Thanks for looking!