P-61B "Blyskawica II"

artoor_k

I can't promise frequent and fast updates 'cause I have few different models underway but as I said - I'm in :)

This will be almost real-world build - or as you wish - very close to what-if :) There are two photos (that I know about) of P-61B with polish pilot.

ZpIAdZ7.jpg

1txn234.jpg

P-61B-10-NO, c/n:1173, 42-39654
Since 31.12.1946 in 425th NFS, but from 25.08.1947 r. in 317th NFS. From 07.01.1948 renamed for F-61B-10-NO. At the end of it's service was used by Tobin Aerial Mapping Company to creating aerial maps in San Antonio, Texas. Plane was emover from service on 14.07.1949 r.

Data from  Northrop's Night Hunter P-61 Black Widow, Jeff Kolln, Specialty Press 2009.

So why almost what-if? Because I can't force myself to remove this beautiful turret with Brownings from Master :)

But to be honest, are there any proofs that this plane with this markings never had turret? Never ever? Maybe "Blyskawica II" had it's turret a day before these photos were made ? I'll stick with this doubt and turret will be there , period :D

“So why almost what-if? Because I can't force myself to remove this beautiful turret with Brownings from Master”

Exactly my thoughts, there’s NO way I’m building this kit (when I get around to it) without the top turret! Black Widow has got to have a bite!

Jimbo

• 3 months later...

How are things going with this one?  I know you said you were very busy with other builds, so no rush.

I just saw your post, and I am looking forward to seeing what you will do. I wonder what the story is behind the "Blyskawica" name?

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...