Next Group Build, starting June 1st will be...

BradG

Good stuff guys, this should be a pretty good GB. I'll join in here too, just waiting for the big Model Expo over here in early June to grab a bargain model. I was thinking of a Wild Boar Bf 109G-6.

This is one that I actually managed to complete last year Brad; Revell kit, usual rubbish u/c comments apply!

OQeZHz.jpg

That looks good Mozart, I was thinking of the camouflaged ones, maybe with the black lower surfaces. Depends what I might find at the swap and sell!

What appealed to me about this particular JG300 Bf109 was that it was a nightfighter nightfighter hunter! The pilot had all the paint stripped off it in order to minimise drag so it could chase Mosquitoes! :)

Assuming I finish my Spitfire on time before the Colour My World Blue GB, then my next model will be this:

Fisher%2BMeteor%2BT.7%2BCorrection%2BSet

The Royal Navy used Meteor T7's as a land based trainer, prior to conversion onto other types.  This plane was based at Yeovilton RNAS, Somerset.  I can't find out much about it's usage, but I assume being black/dayglo, it was at some stage used as a night ops trainer.

If this one is acceptable for the next group build, then I'm in too.  Please let me know.

Cheers,

Michael

Assuming I finish my Spitfire on time before the Colour My World Blue GB, then my next model will be this:

Fisher%2BMeteor%2BT.7%2BCorrection%2BSet

The Royal Navy used Meteor T7's as a land based trainer, prior to conversion onto other types.  This plane was based at Yeovilton RNAS, Somerset.  I can't find out much about it's usage, but I assume being black/dayglo, it was at some stage used as a night ops trainer.

If this one is acceptable for the next group build, then I'm in too.  Please let me know.

Cheers,

Michael

I'm not 100% sure about this one. The British tended to paint their trainers black, as they found that colour stands out more than most in daylight. 

Good stuff guys, this should be a pretty good GB. I'll join in here too, just waiting for the big Model Expo over here in early June to grab a bargain model. I was thinking of a Wild Boar asBf 109G-6.

Just thinking the same Brad! Same as 'Colour my world blue' choices we head in the same direction! Plenty to choose from though.

I'm heading towards a pair of 109's. 1 in wavy scheme and the other down and dirty overspray.

Well, I didn´t have to buy a new Black Widow, I accidentally found a Trumpeter F6F-5(N) when rummaging trough my stash!   :thumbsup:

Didn´t remember I had it, can´t even for my life remember when or where I bought it!  :shrug:

But I´m good to go for the Nightfighter GB!   :punk:

Cheers!  :beer:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I didn´t have to buy a new Black Widow, I accidentally found a Trumpeter F6F-5(N) when rummaging trough my stash!   :thumbsup:

Didn´t remember I had it, can´t even for my life remember when or where I bought it!  :shrug:

This is exactly why I started cataloging and noting my stash in a .xls file!   :lol: