Revell P-51D in at Sprue Brothers

Dave Williams

Caved and bought two even though I'm going to my closest shop (HobbyTownUSA) mañana. I'd like to give them money, but last time I went I discovered that a) their online inventory is out of sync with the live one by quite a bit and B) you can call ahead and ask for a kit to be put on hold but not show up for about a week to pick it up and denying IN-STORE customers a crack at it.

Fortunately for the Brothers Sprue they are getting my P-51 cash instead of H'Town and more as I only needed one. Now I can pretend to be a grownup and have multiples of the same kit in my stash, not just singles. H'Town will just have to pray they have the supplies on hand that I require if they want to appease me. The plastic section has been shrinking every genre except SSPs, automobiles, and giant robots. Unless there is a van driving by every day filling up with them and they really are restocking, the Bandai Star Wars kits are sparse as well. I have an intense love/hate relationship with Star Wars and had no plans to buy any but the beauty of the Bandai 1/72 and I took the plunge at Hobby Lobby (40%) because they had the Y-Wing and H'Town didn't. The Hobby Lobby behind them had it in stock, but the guys at my H'Town "hadn't been able to get them in for a few weeks" which translates to "our company is not perceived of as providing a revenue stream as good as theirs".

This combination 'thanks for the info/rant about chain hobby shops' brought to you courtesy of being in the "library" fulfilling the request of nature only to find myself trapped in a dentist's lobby on overdrive and geared to every target audience except those I qualify to be a part of, such as European high fashion for women and the latest trends in hair (mine seldom goes below my ears anymore--out of, yes, but not below).

tl;dr version:

Stuck in the bathroom with nothing to read but my phone. Oh, and buy stuff.

Edited by CATCplSlade

I already have a couple on backorder with Hobbytown online, so I don't need any more at the moment, I'll just be patient and wait for them.

Scale hobbyist has exactly one in stock. Someone can grab it if they are quick.

Good luck to you all. I will never order from SB, they rip me with their shipping.

They aren't ripping you off. The US Post Office is.

When I originally posted, they had over 100 in stock, so that was pretty fast. Looks like Freetime Hobbies still has stock.

Good luck to you all. I will never order from SB, they rip me with their shipping. 

No wonder...you live in South Africa! No different when I order from Hannants nowadays. International shipping is pretty stiff on the pocketbook.

Mine from SB was due today, but just checked the tracking and it got sent off route from Kansas City to Jackson MS.???

Stuff from SB always goes through Kansas City and then to Amarillo.  Why Jackson MS I have no clue.  :hmmm:

Cheers,

Jerry   :piliot:

Tell me 'bout it...

When they first posted the notice I snagged one for my shopping cart, went shopping for other items, went  out to take a lunch break from the I-Net, came back to finalize the order, and they snatched it from my cart just before I could finalize the order for shipping, etc.

Edited by Gigant

The Hobbytown in Kennesaw has 4 in stock as of 1400 this afternoon. They're marked at $26.99 (down from $29.99). This past Thursday they got six of them and one of them is in my stash.

They still had six on Saturday. I didn't get one as I had already bought two from Sprue, so instead I bought some Mission Models paint for my Spitfires to try out and a Cyber Hobby Stug with Flussiggas-Antrieb (basically propane tanks). I was almost seduced by a Takom Panther A with interior, but I already have three A's in my stash.