HK Models 01E016: 1/32 de Havilland Mosquito Mk IX/XVI

LSP_Kevin

Nicely illustrated review. Am tempted as soon as there's a PR.XVI conversion set *with* cameras & mounts.

Tamiya don't, and likely never will, make a two stage Merlin Mossie so I hope this garners good sales for HKM.

I'm just wondering whether HKM will ever do the NF/FB variants. I'd most like a bullnose NF.30 (or earlier NF.XIX)

Tony

Please excuse my ignorance, but I know very little about Mosquitos.  So I'm asking, what would be required to make a PR conversion out of this kit?  Camera ports for sure, but what else?  I'd like to do a PR, but no telling how long before HK comes out with a PR version.  I'd be satisfied with just the camera port cutouts and windows, nothing else.  TIA

Best regards

Patrick

I have not built a Prop kit in years. The question I have is which is better? Tamiya or HK? By better I mean ease of build and accuracy.

Apples and oranges since the Tamiya kit is a gun nosed fighter bomber, while the HK kits are glass noses bombers, at least for now. For accuracy and detail, Tamiya wins. For ease of build, the HK kit is probably a little easier due to the one piece wing.

If/when Tamiya comes out with a glass nosed bomber, I'll probably build that over the HK kit. However, I'll likely get the new HK kit because it's very unlikely that Tamiya will ever

do a two-stage Merlin bird.

Edited by Dave Williams

I have not built a Prop kit in years. The question I have is which is better? Tamiya or HK? By better I mean ease of build and accuracy.

You could substitute anything for "HK" in that question & the answer would be Tamiya.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I know very little about Mosquitos.  So I'm asking, what would be required to make a PR conversion out of this kit?  Camera ports for sure, but what else?  I'd like to do a PR, but no telling how long before HK comes out with a PR version.  I'd be satisfied with just the camera port cutouts and windows, nothing else.  TIA

Best regards

Patrick

You need to drill out about 4-5 holes and glaze them.

I'm not interested without cameras and mounts. It has to pull me in with pure joy and not present any challenge.

Tony