has anyone heard???

Jeff

I am wary of acrylics, ONLY because, I tried them years ago, ( I know things have changed) and I had far less than a satisfactory result, I guess for me it was a case of being used to enamels, and not sure what to do or how to get the desired results...................  I now have a HUGE data base, and a family to help ( YOU GUYS), so I guess, IF this is made to be true, I suppose I should step into the 19th Century at least and try new things.....apparently trying new things keeps your brain from turning to mush, so 'they' say...... I'm sure if I do change over, I will be the guy asking all the dumb questions......

You do t use Gunze, Brian?

Its pretty rare around here Ernst. TBH, My LHS may have 1 or 2 bottles of it, and maybe some primer, but they dont carry the range, and occasionally, they dont have anything Gunze. 

Guys, no one ever tell you about Vallejo? Their paints are light years ahead of Model Master, which gunk up over time even in their unopened bottles.

lol - :lol: -  I love MM. They never EVER clog for me, and flow super DUPER smooth!  Arent all Vellejo acrylic?   I have some of the model air paint, and they are great, but they dont shoot as smooth as enamels do; not even close

Dont get me wrong, acrylics do have their place for me, but enamels are where its at for me personally. 

Edited by Out2gtcha

lol - :lol: -  I love MM. They never EVER clog for me, and flow super DUPER smooth!  Arent all Vellejo acrylic?   I have some of the model air paint, and they are great, but they dont shoot as smooth as enamels do; not even close

To each his own. Enamels are too brittle, are easily-damaged by washes, stink and require strong solvents to clean up. They do go on finer-grained than acrylics, but the Vallejo paints have a flatter, duller surface sheen that looks more like paint exposed to the elements.

But as you say, it's a personal choice.

Well, I do certainly hope everyone is right, I was surprised that this came from a VERY reputable Hobby shop here on B.C.    I hate rumors and silly stuff like this, I have better things to worry about... in my world anyway...

In retrospect, if I'd had more advance notice that the Aeromaster paints were going to be pulled, I would have bought 12 of everything they had. I still have a couple dozen, but they were awesome paints.

Best dull coat EVER is Valejo Matt Varnish. (drops microphone)

Totally agree. The dull coat is mainly used on other projects. I have switched over to Model Air as my Gunze supply becomes exhausted. Mind the air brush tip with a bit of thinner once in a while and all is well.

Rick