has anyone heard???

Jeff

I contacted Testors thru their Facebook page, their reply to me,

" Thank you for reaching out Steve. Due to the lack of support for them in the marketplace, our International Military and Figure Enamels in the Model Master line were discontinued. All of the other Model Master lines are still available."

Steve

I might still be in denial but this ^^^ is the statement that has me suddenly really worried... If in fact testors is discontinuing there entire line of enamels it will be the biggest load of bovine fecal matter that I have heard in a very long time!

I have used testors enamel since I can remember and love there color shades, the way they spray and most important their durability.

I've have also used a lot of acrylics but tamiya is the only one I have had any good luck in spraying but the down side is having to mess with mixing to get different colors. Out here in the southwest desert, most acryl paint dries to dang fast and generally clogs the airbrush or gives a pebbly finish.

I dunno, if in fact this whole thing proves true, it probably will negatively impact my further desire for the hobby once my paint supply runs out...   :(  :DodgeBall:

Edited by The Dude

lol Ernst

As to the paints the ones I am speaking of are the MRP pre-mixed line that Peter turned me on to...............As Peter pointed out they spray WONDERFULLY. I have used the Gunze stuff, and you are correct, they spray nice too, but I actually like the "acrylic lacquer" MRP paints much better than the Gunze stuff, and that is saying something becuase the Gunze stuff sprays really nicely. 

20170604_120327.jpg

I really love the cellulose based stuff.   Now that the MM line is going away, I will most likely get more of these, and more of the Gunze stuff too. 

Edited by Out2gtcha

Guest Clunkmeister

OK, interesting, Brian. I have NEVER even seen or heard of MRP. I actually thought y'all were just abbreviating "Mr. Paint".

Where do you buy it? Because if it sprays better than Gunze, it must be something else.

The bottles look vaguely Alcladish to me...

The Gunze RLM colors are extremely valuable to me. Their RLM66 is my go to black, their RLM02 is a perfect Gray-Green for WW1 German stuff.

Matter of fact, all their stuff seems great. but I'm gonna check this stuff out now as well...

Edited by Clunkmeister

Guest Peterpools

Ernie

I'm a huge MRP Paint fan and I painted my Mossie completely with them. True lacquers and I just can't think of a better range of paints.

Peter

Ernie

I'm a huge MRP Paint fan and I painted my Mossie completely with them. True lacquers and I just can't think of a better range of paints.

Peter

Especially if you have a spray booth, and/or dont mind the typical lacquer smell. I am with Peter, and I love lacquers too. I love enamels, but my main go-to line is going away, so I may have to change tacks. 

OK, interesting, Brian. I have NEVER even seen or heard of MRP. I actually thought y'all were just abbreviating "Mr. Paint".

Where do you buy it? Because if it sprays better than Gunze, it must be something else.

The bottles look vaguely Alcladish to me...

The Gunze RLM colors are extremely valuable to me. Their RLM66 is my go to black, their RLM02 is a perfect Gray-Green for WW1 German stuff.

Matter of fact, all their stuff seems great. but I'm gonna check this stuff out now as well...

I agree on the Gunze stuff Ern.  This is really my first go-round with the MRP stuff, and all my spraying up to this point has been testing. I have not yet actually sprayed a model I am building for completion, but all my testing says its some of the finest particle, smoothest shooting paints Ive used yet. Just a bit pricey but hey....

I go my MRP stuff from HobbyWorld USA. The MRP line is SURPRISINGLY extensive and specialized. I see however HWUSA is having some web site issues, as all I get when I go there is:

"The website you were trying to reach is temporarily unavailable."   Once they do come back on line, take a look as they had most all the MRP stuff I was after color wise, including the specific RLM stuff I was looking for .

Well I called testors directly and talked to someone in product support to ask what the sccop is. The 2000 series paint rack is the one being axed. The other ones are staying for now. The rep said she could take my feed back and pass it on to the product manager which I gave.

If y'all are as worried about it as I am, call them at 1-800-837-8677 and ask them to reconsider. Maybe if enough people speak up they might change their minds?

Edited by The Dude

Well I called testors directly and talked to someone in product support to ask what the sccop is. The 2000 series paint rack is the one being axed. The other ones are staying for now. The rep said she could take my feed back and pass it on to the product manager which I gave.

If y'all are as worried about it as I am, call them at 1-800-837-8677 and ask them to reconsider. Maybe if enough people speak up they might change their minds?

THIS is what worried me!   I care not for their acrylic or any other line.  Its their enamel line that I DIDNT want to go. Acrylic paint is a dime a dozen around here including Tamiya and others,  but acrylic paint just is not capable of doing the same stuff an enamel, and from my years of experience with it, its significantly weaker than their enamel line as well after application. 

I just tried that number, and got to some hold music. Spent about 45 min on hold before I gave up.   How long did you spend on hold out of curiosity? 

Better stock up.

I wonder why they are doing this?

According to what I have read above, because of lack of sales apparently. 

I just tried that number, and got to some hold music. Spent about 45 min on hold before I gave up.   How long did you spend on hold out of curiosity? 

According to what I have read above, because of lack of sales apparently.

I was only on hold for a few minutes. I hit the product support extension which I believe was '1' .

I found a good source of these paints at a fairly reasonable price ( for Canada anyway) $3.99 ea, in Calgary this past weekend, and no provincial tax....ssssssssoooooooo  $333.97 later, I got what I think is enough to keep me going for a bit .....and another $175 at another shop.....so for $500.00+/-  I think I'm stocked..... for now anyway....