WNW Junkers J.1

Uncarina

Tom, I've built a couple J.1s, and they have their "issues", but no more than Tamiya or Hasegawa.

Just shorten up the bottom wing mounting foot a bit and lengthen the ailerons slightly, other than that, and remembering the precision tolerances, the kit's a breeze.

Which Aviattic fabric did you use on this?

I used the five color lower lozenge, after the airframe preserved in Ottawa. I made templates by pressing aluminum foil over the surfaces, then cutting the outline.

Tom

What a stunning looking J.1 Tom, superb finish with a very different scheme!!

Regards. Andy

Andy, thank you! As soon as I saw this scheme I knew I had to build it.

SUPER nice! Really have to get my hands on one of these along with an Fe.2b.

Brian, thanks! It would be great to see you work your magic on this.

VERY colorful.

Bill, thanks!

Very nice! This makes me want to do a second J1.

Mike thank you! It was a big, heavy, fun build. I had to complete it for the scheme and because it was an A-10 ancestor.

Cheers, Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Hey Tom.

I haven't purchased a single WNW kit in my life. Perhaps I might be missing something here? When this Junkers kit came out I had to say to myself, wow. This is the ugliest kit (a/c) I've ever seen. This aircraft is positively responsible for me never purchasing a single WNW kit.. I seriously laugh at people trying to unload WNW kits on the forum for a quick profit on this site but hey. Free enterprise I guess.

Well now for foot insertion in mouth on your Junker build mate. This model is a total canvas of cool. I love the color depicted. The lozenge on the rear fuselage is totally cool. This make for a really interesting Junkers. Well done. I love this model.

Thanks for sharing this Tom. Well done from Singapore.

WNW D-VII now on pre order. Ha ha.

Troy

Wonderfully done Tom! I love the camouflage scheme as the lozenge pattern on the fuselage as a perfect splash of colour. Nice!

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf! Thank you so much! The camo was freehand but I attempted to match the original as much as possible.

Most excellent.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks, Mark!

Cheers, Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Hey Tom.

I haven't purchased a single WNW kit in my life. Perhaps I might be missing something here? When this Junkers kit came out I had to say to myself, wow. This is the ugliest kit (a/c) I've ever seen. This aircraft is positively responsible for me never purchasing a single WNW kit.. I seriously laugh at people trying to unload WNW kits on the forum for a quick profit on this site but hey. Free enterprise I guess.

Well now for foot insertion in mouth on your Junker build mate. This model is a total canvas of cool. I love the color depicted. The lozenge on the rear fuselage is totally cool. This make for a really interesting Junkers. Well done. I love this model.

Thanks for sharing this Tom. Well done from Singapore.

WNW D-VII now on pre order. Ha ha.

Troy

Troy, I am floored by your kind words! Thank you! I agree. When people say "pretty ugly", I think in this case it is "pretty AND ugly"! Some of the form of this aircraft is brute force, but the paint colors and lozenge deployed by the Germans made these pretty colorful! Your comment made my day!

Cheers, Tom