1/32 Fokker E.V/D.VIII from MikroMir

Kagemusha

So this is good news IMHO. Like Mike, I too think the Avis kit (which I currently have in the stash) is very workable.   But, as oyoy5 pointed out, the wing is pretty rough, and in my example is ever so slightly warped. 
My kit decals are also totally useless, but that is NBD to me, as I have my Silhouette cutter, and have already cut some masks. 

This will be very welcome from my standpoint, as I think the current Avis kit is workable in its current form, and any "update" to the current Avis kit is only gravy IMHO. 

Ill DEFINITELY buy one. Then hopefully, I'll have a chance to buy a WnW DVIII as well. 

Edited by Out2gtcha

So this thingy promises to be a quick-wipe of the old tool Avis, that will require the application of dot-filtering to modulate the colors and replicate the original flying razor's apperance, and all of this without facing the benefit of colonic irrigation :hmmm: ?

You guys lost me, I'm afraid :rofl:

Hubert

wut.gif?w=840

The old Avis kit was $90. :shrug: :popcorn:

That was supposed to be a question. Turns out I got confused about

what my memory was telling me :mental:

I mistakenly applied the $90 in an article by a guy named Mike http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=31953

He did a nice job of it in my opinion...

89407.jpg

$192.50.

Plus shipping.

For a deeply, at best, mediocre kit, that you know Wingnut Wings will kit in 1/32 at some point for $99 brand new.

I just don't get it, at all. 

Released  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-32-Fokker-E-V-D-VIII-NEW-Mikromir-PE-parts-/371918015449?hash=item56980a8bd9:g:NDUAAOSwc-tY60Iz   actually looks like its a pre-order, and the kits will be posted on the 20th.

As the decal options are underwhelming, to me at least, have emailed Pheon to see if they are considering producing some...

Edited by Kagemusha

Nice, thanks for posting. Here's Des' great build of the Avis kit in detail also.  http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/page21.html 

I'm thinking I'll use an extra WNW Oberursel engine and Aviattic's beautiful Fokker seat to spruce it up. Once I see the kit in person it'll determine if Gaspatch guns, HGW belts, etc will be needed to make this a show stopper.

I'm seeing conflicting info on paint schemes - are either the yellow / black stripe or yellow / black checkered airframes historically accurate?