WNW Camels

leitch

CRAZY that Sprue Brothers recieved Camels, sold out, and has gotten a re-stock before WETA has gotten any.....WTH!!

That is strictly because Weta has chosen to get their shipment only via boat.  Sprue and everyone else that has gotten shipments thus far has chosen to receive them via air.  This is a huge expense compared to the boat, but I am bettering that Sprue as well as the others are counting on their sells to be fast and multiple to cover that cost.  When the places get theirs that are by boat, it will be by the truckload instead of the few cases that are by air.

That is strictly because Weta has chosen to get their shipment only via boat.  Sprue and everyone else that has gotten shipments thus far has chosen to receive them via air.  This is a huge expense compared to the boat, but I am bettering that Sprue as well as the others are counting on their sells to be fast and multiple to cover that cost.  When the places get theirs that are by boat, it will be by the truckload instead of the few cases that are by air.

Sorry, I don't care how many they get. Completely ignored by their apparently non-existent customer service for months, the delays although continuing to post times, then the shambled non-release. What good have they been? The same amount of currency they will get from me - None.

Ok then do we expect the cost savings to be passed on to us buyers in any way?  Will Weta have updated there web/point of sale interface and their internal system to be able to handle an order for say, 4 kits at one time with market rate shipping while putting the kits all in one box?  My hedge fund strategy so to speak is betting against them. 

Rick

Agreed. Bet they didn't make much money on the camels. However I figured that S.M was the one who distributed to all the other places that have been selling them so far in the US and the L.O.M ebay site was S.M.'s web presence? 

Edited by The Dude

Agreed. Bet they didn't make much money on the camels. However I figured that S.M was the one who distributed to all the other places that have been selling them so far in the US and the L.O.M ebay site was S.M.'s web presence?

Lots of Models has their own web store. If anything, their eBay auctions are related to their own store and no one else's.

Hi all,

Just an update that I posted on Wingnut Wings Fans on Facebook yesterday, for those that aren't apart of that group or on Facebook -

Just to clear all the confusion regarding shipments of the Sopwith Camels and not going into all in's and out's of each shipment. I know that in the past that everyone has been used to newly released Wingnut Wings kits shipping from one location. As we (Wingnut Wings) have changed the way we do things, we are no different than Tamiya, Hasegawa, Revell or any other kit manufacturer. Some Countries, Distributors, Wholesalers and retail stores are receiving there stocks before others are. This comes purely down to the amount they have ordered and how they have chosen to have their orders shipped to them.

Some Customers have chosen to take small quantities and have them shipped by air and larger quantities shipped by sea freight. These shipments will arrive at different times at their destinations. All I can ask of you, is allow your Distributors, Wholesalers and retail stores some time and Camels will arrive into stock as soon as they can. I hope that clears any confusion.

Weta are in the same boat (excuse the pun!) as they German and UK distributors who are also waiting for their shipments to arrive via sea freight.

Cheers

Dave