Kitty Hawk Jag

Monty Python

Airfix is to Britmodeller what Tamiya is to Hyperscale!  :)

To be honest though, I hang out over on Britmodeller and I am a bit of an Airfixophile...

I like any kit as long as it's a subject I want....I'd even hug a Starfix kit if they made a 1/32 Dornier 17...

Best regards;

Steve

Yes, but in this case for very good reason. Like their Mirage F.1s, the KH Jags suffer from poor research and poor execution (like so many other KH kits, for that matter). My money says the 1/32 kits will be just as bad. I hope I'm wrong.

I've never seen the 1/48th scale Jaguars or Mirage F.1 kits from KH so I can't judge them, but, apparently, they are aware of the formers 'issues' and are starting from scratch on their 1/32nd versions.

I have their OV-10B/C Bronco and OS2U Kingfisher and they look like decent kits so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the 1/32nd Jaguars will be much better :D!

Hoping to get an F-86D and T-28 later on this year....... and really looking forward to the Jaguars :D!  

Hoping to get an F-86D and T-28 later on this year....... and really looking forward to the Jaguars :D!  

I wish somebody would do a slatted wing 1:32 Sabre F4.

Would love to do a 66sq a/c namely either XD707 or XD730. These are the 2 aircraft that crashed on Ashop Moor in the Peak District. Nobody knows if they collided in mid air or hit the top of Kinder Scout. Both pilots were killed. They were returning to RAF Linton on Ouse after an unsuccesful interception exercise during operation Dividend. The pilots were told not to fly below a certain height because of bad weather but it seems as though they ignored the advice and flew low down the valley that leads up to Kinder Scout which is the highest point of the Peak District. Witnesses recalled hearing 2 aircraft flying low in the valley before a loud bang was heard.

I have visited the wreckage numerous times and if pssible, would mount the model along side a small piece of the wreckage.  

Macabre. Yes, 66 Sqn lost five aircraft in two months and eight that year - even the F-104 didn't waste pilots at such a prodigious rate.

http://www.ejection-history.org.uk/Aircraft_by_Type/RAF-Sabres.htm

As for the Jaguar, it's visibility was poor and accident rate quite high, but it was a fancy piece of kit. I'm hoping to build a Desert Pink Jag with the BAe recce pod and countermeasures pods. I suspect that the pod will need to come from an AM source, but it might be included as a pleasant surprise.

Tony

The images look very encouraging, even with the Fronch ordnonce.

Nicely proportioned. Definitely buying at least one.

Thanks for the link,

Tony