1/32 scale KittyHawk Models P-39 Airocobra

tigger

Latest model from my workbench it is the 1/32 scale KittyHawk Models P-39 Airocobra built almost from the box with the addition of the HGW seat belts. Kit decals used. Hope you like here as she is hopefully going to be a build article in a future issue of Tamiya Model Magazine.

P-39-1_zpsxbsgfr8x.jpg

It's a pity that you chose to portray Filatov's personal plane. At the time Filatov was CO of 1st Squadron, 30 GIAP and a Hero of the Soviet Union. It's unlikely that his plane was left in such a condition. Or else his ground crew would be digging potatoes in some gulag in Siberia  :BANGHEAD2:

Hi guys all of your comments noted. I did this model with a lot of artistic licence as I wanted to do a very heavily weathered machine and this is what I have done. Sorry that you may think it is over done but it is my interpretation and it turns out as I wanted it too. As to the actual aircraft it represents I used the kit decals as ther were no others available so whilst it may be a Russian aces aircraft I did it as a generic bird but used the kit decals. I am certainly happy with the end result as there are many many layers of work to achieve the effects seen here. I know that some might not like it but it is not their model and as I said I am happy with the result.

John

;-)

Guest Peterpools

HI John

Well done and an a awesome build as always. Not being a weathering guy, the P-39 surely seems to have had better days.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter