A-4G Skyhawk, LT John Bartels, RAN 1982. The man meets the model!

ericg

Just outstanding talent mate!! I love your builds and your collection! Wow!! Just real artistic talent at work here!!!

Cheers

Alan

.... inspiration for me to get my arse in gear and finish my scooter!!

Edited by alaninaustria

Wonderful build, I watched it in progress and it has totally inspired me to build one myself.

Great story as well, I enjoyed reading through it. In the 90s I was the host of a Kiw on exchange with my Squadron here in Canada. He was an ex-Skyhawk maintainer (George Foreman). I'd sure like to know what he is doing now.

Proving what a small world it is, our rep for my employers Agusta Westland 139s is a Kiwi living in Vancouver. When he mentioned he was ex-New Zealand Airforce I asked if he knew George, sure enough they served together on Skyhawks too.

Thanks a lot for the nice comments guys, I really do appreciate them.

Ripper mate. Bruce would be impressed too. Might have to do my A4 as the Kahu version of that same jet.

Mate, best idea you've had in a long time.

I just discovered a news item about the eventual fate of 882, pretty sad story unfortunately.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=203147

I just discovered a news item about the eventual fate of 882, pretty sad story unfortunately.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=203147

The unfortunate crash at Nowra wasn't the only fatality that this jet was involved with.

A mid-air collision during Kiwi Red aerobatic team training on 24th October 1989 killed FLTLT Graham Carter in the other jet.

NZ6211 was repaired and continued flying ops until the crash at Nowra. 

Your subject is a prominent part of RAN and RNZAF history Eric.