1:32 Focke-Wulf Ta-183 " Huckebein " - Limited edition resin k

upor

Holy crap, from 90$ to 240$ +. Big no for me. I'm still interested and would have bought the kit for a price around 100$. btw, I don't know ebay really well, but it looks like one guy has driven the price up from 135.23 to 240.23... a bit weird if you ask me.

My guess is that one bidder put in his max and it was high. The next guy(s) came in and bid in smaller increments, until they beat him. That's why it appears that the same person bid so many times. It was actually every smaller bid by someone else that you're seeing, but the first guy remained the high bidder, until he was finally outbid.

I was doing some more thinking about this, today. I was trying to think of what a fair price would be for this. Of course, I don't know what the cost to produce it is, but I'm assuming that a starting bid of $90 put the seller at least into a break even situation. But, what would be comparable to this kit? Well, the closest thing I can think of, both historically and kit wise, would be the Mig 15. HpH makes a Mig 15 and I can purchase it in the $150-$200 range, here in the states. However, as nice as this Ta kit would appear to be, it doesn't even come close to matching what's included in HpH's Mig and I would also have to assume that if HpH were to do the Ta 183 (and that's probably the only other company that I would bet on doing one any time soon), it would likely be comparable in size, detail and price to their Mig kit and maybe even a little smaller in all three departments. But, that's just my take on it.

John

But, what would be comparable to this kit? Well, the closest thing I can think of, both historically and kit wise, would be the Mig 15.

Don't forget that Trumpeter makes a basic kit of the MiG-15, albeit injected plastic, and it generally sells for $10 - $15. 

The people bidding up the price of this Ta 183 on eBay probably don't even realize that in doing so, they are probably raising the selling price of future kits for themselves and everyone else that wanted one. 

The yet to be determined BIN price of the kit will tell the tale of whether or not one of these kits ends up on my workbench. 

Don't forget that Trumpeter makes a basic kit of the MiG-15, albeit injected plastic, and it generally sells for $10 - $15. 

The people bidding up the price of this Ta 183 on eBay probably don't even realize that in doing so, they are probably raising the selling price of future kits for themselves and everyone else that wanted one. 

The yet to be determined BIN price of the kit will tell the tale of whether or not one of these kits ends up on my workbench. 

Well, like I said, a "comparable" kit. I guess there really isn't one in this case, but I'm going to put this somewhere in between the Trumpy and HpH Mig kits. I'll refrain from expanding on that any further, however. 

Totally agree on the bidding and it's possible effect on the future prices and sales.

John

Well, like I said, a "comparable" kit. I guess there really isn't one in this case, but I'm going to put this somewhere in between the Trumpy and HpH Mig kits. I'll refrain from expanding on that any further, however. 

My point being that HpH's MiG-15 compared to this kit would be apples to oranges, and much the same for either one compared to the Trumpeter MiG-15 kit. 

The Models & More Focke Wulf Triebflügel could be considered a more direct comparison, and it sells for $90 yet still includes decals. 

Edited by D Bellis

It is an interesting kit, but a very hard sell for over $100, when so many WNW kits call my name. Yes, I know they are subsidized for free shipping and it won't last, but there are too many for under $100 that are on my list.

Tnarg

The initial auction ended today at $270.23.

Will we get an "every-day" market price for the following kits? Or, will these continue to be auctions?

D

...Things that make you go "Hmm......!"

Phil

I've got a 

Angebot an unterlegene Bieter 1:32 Focke-Wulf Ta-183 " Huckebein " - Limited edition resin kit for US$ 90,00 plus US$ 18,00 shipping. I took it. Hope this will go smoothly - anyway I will report to you.

Alfons

Thank you, Alfons!

I had to use a translator, but it appears that Alfons was able to get a second chance offer for the original starting price. That is a good sign. Now, let's hope that it becomes available for direct sale, sometime in the near future. I'm also anxious to see more on this kit from a customer's perspective and if someone can get to building it soon, that would be even better!

John