Tornado F3

wunwinglow

Looks splendid, although it's probably a good thing that I picked up the Revell kit at such a bargain price, given what it's likely to cost. Still, it would take me ages to Luckily those parts and get them satisfactory.

Luckily I have two !!........Harv

And a bit more. Here, the new wing spar and wings are epoxied into place in the fuselage top. The spar is solid so the wings do need a slot sawing in them from the pivot points, so no moving wings, but it does make the assembly completely rigid. Otherwise, it flops about all over the place!!

15965410_1152480981537779_43082434960379

I filled the vacformed fuel tanks with Polycell foam, and when it had set I sawwed away the surplus so they are now ready for sanding down to final size.

15940646_1152480494871161_37005261843498

I'll hopefully be able to sell the parts individually, so if you just want a wing spar, no problem. I just want to make sure it does all actually go together reasonably before I start casting them...

Notice, I put a load of extra tabs across the joint between the rear top and bottom fuselage areas, interlocking tabs on both sides, and this also greatly helps keep it all lined up. 

Edited by wunwinglow

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, no, last couple of weekends taken up mostly with family stuff, a trip to RAF Hendon, fitting an electric fireplace in the lounge,  and at last, the 3D probe and tool length sensor arrived for the CNC machine, so I have been fitting them and getting my head around the software. I need to win the lottery or something, then I might have a bit more time available!!

More soon, promise!