Tornado F3

wunwinglow

If Tim's doing two-layer stuff some digital printers can accommodate bitmaps, though I'd rather trace (using manual pen, not auto) from a nice sideview photo.

The great thing about the 43 Sqn markings is that they look very stylish but don't take up much space - unlike the spectacular 56 Sqn Firebirds markings on the fin and spine.

Photo to be added during edit

Tony

Not my pics, so for illustrative purposes only:

Nice glossy black one

image_58.jpeg

Very flamboyant 56 Sqn

image_59.jpeg

Tony

Edited by Tony T

If it goes wrong you, er, he can always do a diorama...

image_38.jpeg

Somewhat reminiscent of my ailing Flagons. At least with this one there's a lot of off-the-shelf gear including most of the airframe.

Is your friend in the mirror thinking of making a conversion set while the Revell GR.4 remains available?

Tony

Did I tell you that I like your avatar/profile picture Tony? (Kate bush is my favourite solo female artist - and yes, I do have her sensual world albumas well as all of her others).

katebush_sensualworld.jpg

Getting back on topic, this is one conversion set I have wanted for a long while and had seriously considered doing it for EMD, so good on 'yer Tim :thumbsup: (I once converted the very early original Revell 1/32 Tornado IDS kit into an ADV F.Mk.2 model for the RAF Exhibition Production Flight (EPF) back in the mid-80's when I served on the unit as a professional model maker at RAF Henlow).

Derek

Hi all, yes, she does seem to have got through the worst of it, but has a way to go before she can come home. We've been sharing care for little Lottie with her partner, so that is why I haven't been able to do anything significant on the Tornado for a few days, but I have done some more CAD work so hopefully I can get a few more parts sorted over the week end.

Thanks for your thoughts, and Derek, that pic shows perfectly the slight error in Revells fuselage cross section, but it is such a small thing I'm not worrying about it!!

Back soon,

Tim

PS  +1 for Kate Bush!

Latest from the Tornado project! I managed to design a vac tool between hospital visits for a pair of 2250 litre tanks, cut it overnight and run a couple of pulls this afternoon. I will try putting a set of them together this evening.

Emma may be able to come home early next week, thank goodness!!

12604871_882284778557402_469936300214041886813_882284921890721_2154367524627191512622210_882285008557379_822603240048786

Nice progress Tim although what's all this 43 squadron nonsense, I told you you have to do XXV(F) Sqn from 2001-2003. Although I did fly that 56 display jet once, but shortly after that it was grounded for a long time. But it wasn't my fault!

Day to day we very rarely flew in "Lima fit" (2250s), that was only for transits and the No Fly Zone (Op Resinate). With fuel in them the g limit was only 2g! You'd be better off with the smaller "Mike fit" tanks, we almost always had those on even though they were subsonic tanks owing to the plastic nose!

Don't worry Jamie, I will remember my penance when it comes to the decals. I'm making the big tanks as I am using an ECR kit as a basis, which doesn't have the Brit bits sprue, hence no big tanks. I was keen to see how vac formed parts would work too....