Meng Me-163 1/32 not impressed...

skclarey

Thanks for these links!

I have this kit in my stash.

Dave

Alley Cat also makes a very nice replacement canopy set, that also comes with masks:

http://www.alleycatmodels.co.uk/messerschmitt-me-163b-one-piece-canopy-and-mask-set-meng-6375-p.asp

I have this particular set, and was very please with it. Considering that my Me-163 canopy will be wide open as in right after it comes to a stop from skidding in on a landing, I think I will also invest in that very nice looking Aires pit set as well. 

Your problem is Tamiyarism. 

You build the best 1/32 kits in the world - Wingnut Wings are the only other manufacturer with the same standards - and then you turn to a "normal" manufacturer, in Meng.

Try building a few nice Hasegawa kit's, maybe a Special Hobby - then turn to a Meng kit & it may not look so bad.

Interesting thread. I looked through reviews and builds of the kit on line including the very nice one shown earlier in this thread before I bought the kit. None of the builders pulled out any hair during the build. I built the Hasagawa kit years ago and had fun. I have a 263 conversion started some where (opportunity for upgrade from the old Horizon vac set?). I bet I will have a good time with the Meng kit. I appreciate the new options to display the innards. I am a resin junkie so this settles any cockpit issues for me etc. My thanks to the original photographer that was generous with his walk around photos. Well it's off to SB or other sites to shop for resin.

Keep having fun.

Rick

Your problem is Tamiyarism. 

You build the best 1/32 kits in the world - Wingnut Wings are the only other manufacturer with the same standards - and then you turn to a "normal" manufacturer, in Meng.

Try building a few nice Hasegawa kit's, maybe a Special Hobby - then turn to a Meng kit & it may not look so bad.

Never a truer word spoken, I rarely build 1/32 Tamiya kits although I have a couple in the stash mainly because there are so many interesting subjects to build out there away from the world of Tamiya, also I find that by building these not so perfect kits from other manufacturers  it also helps me improve my modelling skills along the way.

Regards. Andy

I know its a bit of a tac change, but I just purchased the VERY nice Rocketeer Me-163 decals witch have 17 different aricraft markings on them................I just dropped some cash on the sheet, but will likely be only using 1 aircraft from it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131200157796

RK32001B.jpg

Anyone want to go in on the rest of the sheet? Id prolly sell it cheap after using what I need for my dio.

All, I hid the posts on the photo credits. If you guys want to squabble about whether credit was given or not on photos that are not even on this site then please do it somewhere else.

Thanks for your understanding

Ron

Thank you Ron :goodjob: !

Hubert