1/16 Takom Renault FT-17 tank WIP NEW Update 11 , BASE UPDATE PICTURE

TonyT

• 2 weeks later...

They REALLY needed Rustoleum back then, didn't they?  I love it!  I am a firm believer in the adage you can;t over weather a tank, and while light or moderate weathering looks nice and something I would do with the odd subject or two, heavy weathering is the best for me.

Thanks everyone, Ray there is some resin about, there is ammo to fill the racks, which isn't any help to me, see

http://shop.afvmodeller.com/customer/home.php?cat=387

There is a replacement wheel  etc, but they are the same, I did order it but there was a screw up and I was refunded, they are to stopping selling at Christmas.

http://www.militarymodelling.com/news/article/ft-17-detailing-set-for-the-takom-kit-in-1-16/17073

Paint masks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paint-Camo-Masks-1-16-RENAULT-FT-17-Camoufage-and-Insignia-by-DN-Models-/262192609710

Edited by TonyT

I have ordered the Inside the Armour set too, but have been in a bit of a back and forth with Chris as his website hiccuped, taking my money via Paypal but not sending him the order. Been trying to get him to send me some stuff, but he keeps forgetting and yes, they are stopping production for some reason.

Ray, I took one half of the wheel, chopped off the rivets, filled it, then on the reverse added a square section to double the rim width, this was glued to the locating lip,  to that I then added a piece of plastic tube for the axle housing and seven flat sections as ribs with thin strip either side for the flange, I slipped a collar of next size tube over the axle tube and scraped all the ribs and lips down to taper them and except not adding a little fluting that I forgot, they work in my eyes as the later wheels. I then added some texture and paint etc :)

Anyway onto the update, she is now on tracks on one side:) hope you like, and like my new style of photographing them.

Update%20tank%20on%20track-1_zpsgldpvupj

Update%20tank%20on%20track-2_zps48dndqmm

Update%20tank%20on%20track-3_zpskshye09q

Update%20tank%20on%20track-4_zps03e7qj5t

Edited by TonyT

Might sound strange, but as I'm thinking of looking at doing it standing on its tracks, would you add the turret or leave it off? I'm still in two minds as to lie it down on its side because I have modelled it as such with the top drivers hatch fitted, but if it is on its the version on its tracks, then it wouldn't of had it on the tank in real life, though that's not to say I couldn't do It upright as in being recovered with the turret on. What do you think?