1/16 Takom Renault FT-17 tank WIP NEW Update 11 , BASE UPDATE PICTURE

TonyT

Wow, that rust looks spectacular!  Really looks like it's real metal.

I believe those first pictures you posted are of the FT-17 they found in an Afghan tank dump during the last ten years or so. I remember reading about US forces finding one there.  I have this kit in the stash, luckily not in the blood red plastic.  Can't wait to get to it

Matt  :frantic:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I set Herman to task prepping a second oil drum and trying to fettle the engine, he gave up on that saying it is seized, but  he did get it out of the box and ready to go back in..   :wicked:

Herman%20update%201%20of%201_zpsw6gd5mcy

Herman%20update%205%20of%201_zpsagi98gvc

Herman%20update%204%20of%201_zpstjmpcgs4

Herman%20update%203%20of%201_zpsgvdbqvoj

Herman%20update%202%20of%201_zpsiztixdna

Herman hummed and haa'd about fitting the likes of the oil tank but decided the other one might have it fitted so put them on,,  Sorry the pics aren't that good, they were taken hand held and in a rush. The cases may get a bit more white to lighten the alloy and a damn good dusting to remove the hairs.  Herman hasn't painted the top hose and jubilee clips as they may get taken off and the pipe drilled,

Edited by TonyT

Ok minor tweaks, better pics I hope and have tweaked the aluminium cases to increase the corrosion as opposed to them looking more like those of an in use tanks.

Tiffie, DJParkin was bringing out a kit but I do not know what happened, there was a resin one, but it might have been a rip off of their first one.

On to the pics

Engine%205%20of%201_zpsxpprla9w.jpg

Engine%201%20of%201_zpsb8zpkybd.jpg

Engine%204%20of%201_zpskshs8dne.jpg

Engine%202%20of%201_zpsuegjf8jd.jpg

Hope they look ok, photography is a pain as the light catches the slight rough texture finish and amplifies it about 10 fold and the rust looks darker than it is sighhh. :hmmm:

Edited by TonyT

Tiffie, DJParkin was bringing out a kit but I do not know what happened, there was a resin one, but it might have been a rip off of their first one.

Never heard of it. I'll check it out, so thanks. In the interim, I'll eventually grab a motorized version of the Tamiya kit. Too cool!