Pacific Coast RE 2005

Jan Goormans

This is my first work in progress build.

As a counterbalance for the Tamiya kits I started the RE 2005 from Pacific Coast.

I do like their kits, brings you back with your feet on the ground :)

So the wings and the fuselage are glued together.

Some filling and elbow work are needed , but this is a limited run kit, so that is normal.

Next the cockpit will be assembled and painted before placing it in the fuselage

Jan

re-2005-003_zpscixphm2c.jpg

re-2005-001_zpse9vx3icf.jpg

Edited by Jan Goormans

Hi Jan,

This is indeed a good kit with a quite small number of parts.

I found only some aspects requiring care:

- the Eduard seat belts are very stiff. I replaced them with lead foil and this eases noticeably the positioning.

- the scribing of the moving surfaces and fuselage vents was not deep enough (at least on my kit). I had to rescribe most of them.

- the gun throughs are not drilled!?! If you take your time, it is possible to drill them to add the resin parts but this is time-consuming. However, this improves noticeably the look.

-I think it is recommended to paint the radiator and belly before assembling them, use filler, sand and repaint cautiously the seam before masking the radiator to paint the belly as you see here the short-run nature of the kit.

-I drilled some holes and added plastic rods to strengthen the seam between the stabs and the tail.

-The cockpit and wheel wells are reasonably accurate. You may possibly add the missing bolts on the landing gear retracting legs.

Hope this helps. Always happy to see another LSP modeller from our small country ;-)

Thierry

Guest Peterpools

Jan

Nice start on a kit no often seen under construction. Looking forward to following your progress.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

• 1 month later...

So some progress ,

It went together quite well , keeping in mind that this as not a main stream kit.

I have to take more pictures on the different building stages, but not enough time.

Basic painting is almost done, after that decals and then the weathering.

From the pictures I have seen these planes were not very dirty.

Jan

re-2005-004_zps9fle5lgd.jpg

re-2005-006_zps144jeajo.jpg

re-2005-005_zpsebuls3u6.jpg