Mals Way, Corsair, USS Bunker Hill, Carrier Deck, Part II.

Thanks for all comments....

As ive earlier posted.....learned one thing....Dont Correct even on a post on an error if Finnished section its to risky, and yes...i know far to Little about correct stuff on aircraft, as i thougt it were right...but hey, wanted to do as "right as" possible, as i dont know that much about specs and details...

And as it is at the moment, yes patch work im used to, but 150h spent work drawback ...feels...well let say it like this, i lost faith in my building completely.....as it is a feeling that sucks for real....and i Think i beed to re evaluate why i build or what and why....as my goofs are there but my reaction on them....oh well im only human, and not an expert no where near....

So i Think ill take a break from building, maybe ive put my bar far to high on stuff and forgetting things....i dont know.....as it is fun.....but not now.....ill retire for a while now and see what comes in the future if finnish this or not, as in fact it tooks some energy...i dont know why but it did....and to ad salt in the wounds.....i know far to Little about this ww2 birds..yes tried to learn...but know far to Little.....as lost faith in myself in modelling.....need real time of from the bench as i feel right now....ill start to stash away all tomorrow...as i dont want to see anything of this right now.

Focus on my garage space that i need for my upcoming Project..to get a garage space is difficult...and this kind of car you dont want on the street ....purchase my first car, and need to read alot on it....nameley a Ford Mustang Fastback, from 67-68 (somwhere there) .....but that will take time too, no garage...no car...if garage yes iill try to get it this Winter as a christmas gift for myself...so ill keep mu fingers crossed all the way.......alot of bucks involved on it...yes one of my biggest purchase ever on a object......exept my apartment.....but later....so see how it goes...just a Dream....that ill try to fill...yes and black and manual gear (stick shift)

mump-1101-01-%2Bford-1967-mustang-gt-fas

Note i do try to bang in my head...."its only a model" thing...the only thing naggin in my head is the hours ive spent.....oh well **** happens in Life hey what to say...and my setback reaction isnt helpin...but ill get over it....

tumblr_ml5nej7Ods1r70ozfo5_500.gif

Ill build but im leaning so publish more finnished builds instead and skip build threads after this i Think...and read much more Before i do anything..and photos..sadly,

since better to take critisism when im completely done for me ....(i Think its better for me)...so i cant do more right on next Project....and take notes.....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Hi Mal

I think I went down a similar road with my Corsair build.  I used a certain brand of white metal landing gear that looked great until you placed the model wheels down and it started bending and things.  Parts ended up damaged and it was all bad news.  I ended up getting replacement plastic landing gear to replace some of the problem parts and then used g-factor brass landing gear.  With brass you will never accidently cut or bend it.  I have used two of their sets now the and stuff is unbelievably strong, the wing will break long before the landing gear strut will fail or bend. 

I may have some spare landing gear bits if you need them also some others on this site have probably built the kit wheels up so the whole landing gear assembly is available to you.  The landing gear is a pretty short repair and replace, relative to starting over and throwing a perfectly good kit in the trash.  I think my gear rebuild was only a few hours work. 

Anyway I am a big fan of g-factor now and will be using their stuff on any build they offer landing gear struts for, cuts down some on assembly and makes for a much stronger piece.

1967 vintage.

Yep.....im in waiting to get a garage...single one so i can have this one....as it is a gem...approx 25000-30000 Euro....alot of bucks for me...

So i keep my fingers crossed this Winter that ill get one, the que is loong for a garage where i live....this type of car you don let stand out in the Winter or open garage....

/Mal

Good choice in cars Mel! Also I agree whole heartily with CBK. I'm a very big believer in G GACTOR legs. Have several sets. Best detail and strength.... Harv

Hi Mal,

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate turn of events.  To add to what others have said already, the NUMBER ONE thing I enjoy the most about modeling is solving problems and fixing mistakes.  Everybody makes mistakes and no model is perfect, but the really good modelers find ways to minimize these errors and find ways to make repairs that are undetectable. 

With the G-Factor brass gear available to you, you have a great option outside of using new Tamiya parts.  I've used this gear before and it is very well made (MUCH better than SAC), but I would still try and source some Tamiya replacements due to the awesome detail the kit parts have, that you have already showed us.  The other thing I enjoy while building my models is to treat each build step as a separate model.  In this case, the landing gear can be viewed as a separate model, so when your break from modeling is over, treat the replacement of that gear leg as just that, a new model!

Cheers,

Chuck

Focus on my garage space that i need for my upcoming Project..to get a garage space is difficult...and this kind of car you dont want on the street ....purchase my first car, and need to read alot on it....nameley a Ford Mustang Fastback, from 67-68 (somwhere there) .....but that will take time too, no garage...no car...if garage yes iill try to get it this Winter as a christmas gift for myself...so ill keep mu fingers crossed all the way.......alot of bucks involved on it...yes one of my biggest purchase ever on a object......exept my apartment.....but later....so see how it goes...just a Dream....that ill try to fill...yes and black and manual gear (stick shift)

I'm with you brother!! A very worthy thing to spend time on!! I am planning to drop the models for a couple months this fall to work on my 64 Chevelle Malibu SS. Most of it is in primer right now, save the doors and roof, they are next. Not as pricy as a 67 fastback Stang, but it was my first car, so I'm looking forward to driving it again after being benched for the past years.

Tim

Tim....

Yep....

Many say im crazy...but maybe i am...as this will be my first real car...and my first purchase of a one......and very good condition...thats why hefty the price on it...as it higher standards on brakes and all that....as ...hmmm pedal to the metal on right places and feel the Power in it.....

Problem is on many here in sweden they got drumbrakes AND automatic....im in for manual "stick shift" (i Think is called that) and disc brakes...and thats one of the reasons for higher price, as ill use it in Daily Life in spring, summer and autumn...Winter in garage...also checked incurance and all that...but main thing is to find a garage.,...no garage meaning no car...so that have to come first....and it is a task for itself....as there are idiots that can keep their hands of that kind of stuff sadly.....

But ive established Contacts with a vintage car club near me...so i keep my fingers crossed...as there are knowledge and a space...get the best of two Worlds....

Also im cooling down from the incident.....with my corsair...

Sorry im emotional...but that is me and im showing that im human also..and not a machine..(im not a compete person...sadly only to myself....not for others to Point it out...weird never pleased...har uh).and dont forget...im still a newbie in building and im trying to learn...as im so new to all this in modelling....and to mention...im not a expert in anything surrounding this subject.....im just a guy that likes to build...nothing else...

yes i know ive came a bit in modelling...buth geez not this....as ill let it rest...so i wont trash it...ill do Another build instead...and let it rest....yes ill let it rest....and see later.

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Guest Clunkmeister

Mal, if you want Tamiya parts, I'll gladly send you a set I have, just tell me the numbers you need. I intend on using brass on mine when I (eventually) build it, so these will be redundant.

Let me know.

Ernst

ps:  Discs are a great addition to a vintage car. It really adds to the driveability of the car.

How you are with your models is how I've been with my 1955 Crown Victoria glasstop.

I'm absolutely a perfectionist and refused to upgrade the brakes. The SEVERELY limits my ability to drive it in traffic....

Sometimes it pays to take a walk on the wild side :)

Edited by Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister.

Yeah...disc brakes is a must (as they are self adjusting those who know that about brakes))...since its a powerfull car...and im planning to use it in dauly Life....hell...why not ;) or else it wwould be useless to have it for me...as will take it to work and al that...as all vintage stuff..Use It since they were meant for it... ;) use em good damnit :)....

also glad for the offer....ill check....since ill need the complete set...and plackcards aswell...

/Mal

My answer, way to much drama over something that is easily fixed and with the help of many members here fixed two or three ways.

The ball is in your court,  sorry but not a lot of sympathy from me personally, shame it happened but there is a pile of help here and this is just a small hick-up if you capitalize on that.  Bin it in the trash if you want, it's your build. I am truly not an Ass but really?

Yeah, I'm a believer in tough love.

Pick up your pants and finish this build Hal.

And note, this post is meant as encouragement not a knock down mate!

Ron