Mals Way, Corsair, USS Bunker Hill, Carrier Deck, Part II.

One thing ive learned...about myself..

DONT Correct if its done....do it on the next model instead....

Even if pointed out in a thread......let it be instead....

yep i regret i did this......done is done....

Im still upset why i did it and did not see this....as i did more damage now..

Loosing faith on this project completely.

Some may laugh its ok.. This sucks...as om tired of patchwork..

Its ok if knowing when do a shortrun and modifying that is spmething else..

But major lesson..if done let it be...as i were 99% complete....damn....

I Will take a step from modelling now for a time period and revaluate my modelling.......as did were a impact on me...as it went from bad to worse.

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

I don't think anybody's laughing Mal, far from it, put the kit to one side until your mood improves, you should be able to buy spare parts from the Tamiya distributor in Sweden, I've always found it better to phone them (in the UK), easy to deal with. Look forward to seeing the Corsair finished in the future, sometime.

http://www.tamiya.com/europe/euro.htm

Guest Peterpools

Mal
Got you covered and with you all the way. I feel your pain and know exactly how you feel- have been there  and lets say a few 'disappointments' on my end as well. Best to just box the Corsair up, put her away for another day, relax and regroup the troops, whether starting a new project right a away or just taking a break.
Your Buddy
Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Mal-

DON'T throw away this beautiful aircraft! What parts do you need--I have this kit and will gladly send them to you to expedite completion! I will sacrifice these parts to see it finished! PM me what you need and I will put them in the mail!

Hang in there!

Tom

Indeed Mal......................

As others have said, I too would be HAPPY to send you any parts you need. I know the feeling of TOTALLY loosing ones Mojo for a certain project, and that feeling of just wanting to drop the WHOLE thing.................happened to me on my HpH Walrus. I loved the kit, but just got too much, so had to put it down indefinitely.

Put the Corsair on the SOD or your cabinet, out of sight. Start something new or something fresh.................maybe even something other than an aircraft, and see if that might bring your modeling mojo back.  Just dont bin this one! Its TOO damn good.

Dude, before you throw this fabulous build away, GIVE IT TO SOMEONE ELSE TO FINISH.

The engine alone is worth scavenging, and there are folks here who would fix the gear and have a great model to show for it.

I understand how you feel, but you can't let this one go down in (virtual) flames.

Guest Clunkmeister

Hmmm,

Seeing Mal give up on this and walk away is a crying shame.

Matter of fact, it's the kind of thing to make one buy a plane ticket to Europe, locate the offending modeler, smack him upside the head, and then fly home...

Sometimes people need some physical "encouragement" to continue on..

Seriously Mal, I've dropped an almost finished Ninak on the floor and pieced it back together. This will be simple in comparison.

I'm looking forward to seeing this one done.

Mal, please don't bin this!  You have done such an incredible job on it so far, I'm sure you can overcome this obstacle.  I agree with the others, put it away for a while and bring it back out when you are ready. 

Mal,

As others have said, I would be more than happy to offer up my LG after you get back from your break. I am seriously considering an in flight model anyway, so I may not need it. Taking a break is an awesome idea, I do that frequently myself. I go fishing, work on my car, the house, come back with renewed energy later. Any help you need to get this done, you've got, just ask.

If you decide to walk away from this one for good, I'm sure someone here would be happy to finish such a nice build and display it. I know I would! Good luck, my friend!

Tim

PS: I installed the gear too early on my P-38, and snapped the front gear off after a ton of work. Pissed me off, and it's been benched since, so I know your pain. I will go back to it eventually, though.

Edited by BiggTim

Also reinforces why I always leave the gear off till the VERY last moment I possibly can.  For sure Mal save this one or put it up for awhile. Even if you just saved the pit and engine alone, it could be worth while to you or someone else.

Mal, I've broken many a part or lost, or just plain messed up parts on Tamiya kits several times. give these guys a try, they are my go to for Tamiya parts here in Europe. I've never waited more than 3-4 weeks, which is a good cooling off period after a foul up. follow the link, add the details to the request form, all from the kit instructions and they'll get back to you with a price.

http://www.goldstarstockists.net/live/catalog/unlisted.php

Dont give up!