Mals Way, Corsair, USS Bunker Hill, Carrier Deck, Part II.

I am late to this one but have been following along but not for the last while.

Mal, Sorry to hear this part of the build let you down. As others have said one of the best Corsair builds to date.

I hope you return soon and pick up where you left off.

I plan to get back into it in starting in October as the weather cools. Been working on my  scale modelling website site over the summer.

David.

Edited by Totalize

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

IM BACK....

Allright....you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk...well time to do some serious business and quit talkin then....

Since its been a while...now need to fixin the bad and wind it up so i can finnish this Corsair adventure...

First things first...reset the building space...cleaning...

Then nececary things to clean my weapons of choice...namely my H&S Infinity and Evolution, Isop...and for that nasty paint that wont come of easily, heavier solvents like Acetone that takes care of it smoothly, finaly some sewing machine oil (this is good stuff had that bottle for 30yrs), makes the movable parts run smoothly, finaly put all together....pour up some isop in the AB cup and rinse of the excess sewing machine oil (dont want that in the paint)....

And finally....prep the new parts...next stop cleaning them in hand warm water and dishliquid........

A note about the Acetone...many say that it shortens the rubber washers lifetime wich is true...but it doesnt matter cause i change em twice a year any way due the fact that the wear of anyway and it is not a big buck to replace em...better to have fresh ones.

20160107_205558_zpsqk5cwwmj.jpg

20160107_205815_zps4hcsek1z.jpg

20160107_205948_zpszmxgvma4.jpg

Also.....

Peterpools is kickin my back to do this properly and by manners all the way to the finnish line...

Thanks buddy for them new parts and encouragement...

/Mal

Wanted to say...

Wow for the feedback from all of you...and im very VERY honored that you liked it so far....

Im a man of my words...it is going to be finnished and yes in my own worst critics level (im the worst one belive me)..

So this saga aint over yet...as the plan is to have a part of Bunker Hill Flight deck diorama..as in ly eye puts something extra on a model.

So stay tuned....there is aome rewinding and re memoring thins on paints and washes and all that...

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks Lothar and Brian....

Yes im back haha....

Rins the mold residues, gunk and all microscopic dirt on the Surface if there is any, but just in case..

20160107_220250_zpsk6kgzuvh.jpg

Now let dry....

20160107_220502_zpskzztnbma.jpg

And now...Where the hell to start.....no talkin jut do it...here she is...ill start to patch the error, my accident when cleaning the holes for the landing gear...the plastic were indeed thin...but easy peasy...not seen here on the pics, and maybe som re riveting, so make it look good....just a small area, and make shure colors blend in aswell....got to remember my mixes hum...well got to look back on my build log then LoL...and the memory will come back, just kidding, alot is allready in my head and i do remember ;)..

Just removed the dust protecting cloth (same as i use on my sunglasses/TV) just to prevent dust from getting in when build on halt...

20160107_221046_zpshximd8df.jpg

Well looks just as to start it again...

So stay tuned.

/Mal

Lothar, i use dust protecting cloth when periods of "No Build" ;)...as dust comes as you want it or not....but reduces it alot, and easily removed with a makeup brush...

But when done....ill keep my models in a glass cabinett that rarely is opened just to keep the dust away, but yes some gets in but very Little ;)

/Mal