Polar Lights 1/1000 USS Enterprise NC-1701

LSP_Kevin

Thanks Matty. The Klingon ships do nothing for me, oddly enough. But I'd pick one up for $20, no problem.

Here's a couple more photos, featuring me trying to get my image-tweaking up to snuff against a white background:

p3Zfcw.jpg

seJo33.jpg

They're actually the same photo, but with slightly different tweak settings. The second photo is closer to the look I'm going for - a background clean enough and white enough so that it blends in to the white background of the forum page. It's not quite there though in either of them, as the black of the stand has been so completely crushed that you can no longer see the cut-out that the upright piece sits in. I've noticed that most folks who photograph against a white or light background tend to leave a colour hue in place, and just make sure it's even. I think that's probably the look to go for, but I only seem to be happy with it when other people do it!

Oh, I forgot to mention: for this photo I fashioned a makeshift reflector from an A3 paper box lid and some aluminium foil. In discussions with Peter, we agreed that my set up probably doesn't have enough light coming in from the front, which is making things a little difficult for the camera. Not sure yet if it's helping or not. I'll keep experimenting I guess.

Anyway, that's probably enough whining about photography from me!

Kev