LSP_K2

Make the others jealous

On 3/31/2019 at 11:18 AM, Lud13 said:

Latest additions to my 109 stash...cant help myself

XeMLsxU.jpg

DWWExg9.png

Nice! Is the G-4 new tool Revell, or the new(ish) tool Hasegawa, re-boxed?

Look what the postman just brought:

55897337_223502762652jmjrd.jpg

First look is more than excellent - I hope Kitty Hawk will buy one of these kits to see how the surface detail of their UH/SH-60 family should have looked like. The cockpit looks a bit sparse and it's a shame they did not include seat belts on their PE fret. Otherwise, this is one of the nicest kits I have seen since quite some time. 

Two emails today.

Hannants, telling me my ICM Ki-86 is in stock and being mailed to me. It's the Bu-131 but with some cool Japanese schemes.

Then an email from Jumblies, my pre-order for ZM's Ki-45 is on it's way to me as well.

A 1/32 twin engined Japanese WWII aeroplane. Never thought we'd see that.

1 minute ago, thierry laurent said:

Got a Fisher X-1A/B for a fair price...! Quite happy as the Fisher items are unfortunately becoming scarce and it was one of the rare references I was still looking after.

‘Have to agree with you, I picked one up a couple of years ago at a show and I’m glad I did.

My Ki-45 is in Peterborough Mail Centre, and my Ki-86 is also in Peterborough Mail Centre!

Delivery planned for between 11:25 am and 2:25 pm tomorrow.

Strange, as I ordered the Ki-45 from Jumblies, and the Ki-86 from Hannants, yet they'll arrive at exactly the same time?

Typical Japanese efficiency.

By the way, Jumblies have a "Buy 2, get 10% off" sale at the moment.

So you can nab a Revell Mk.II Spit for £17.95, the 190A-8 for £25.15 and the Me 262 Nightfighter or P-51D for £22.45 each, the 109G-6 for £17.93, and the new Bu-131 for a quite ridiculous £20.65. Just make sure to buy at least 2 kits to get the discount.

I'm up to my neck in Revell kits, so I'll pass on this one.

5 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

By the way, Jumblies have a "Buy 2, get 10% off" sale at the moment.

So you can nab a Revell Mk.II Spit for £17.95, the 190A-8 for £25.15 and the Me 262 Nightfighter or P-51D for £22.45 each, the 109G-6 for £17.93, and the new Bu-131 for a quite ridiculous £20.65. Just make sure to buy at least 2 kits to get the discount.

I'm up to my neck in Revell kits, so I'll pass on this one.

Some really nice prices there. But I'm waiting for their Sturmbock and ex-Dragon Bf110C to come out. Although i would kill for them to release the Ju88 A4 again

Edited by AlanG

3 minutes ago, AlanG said:

Some really nice prices there. But I'm waiting for their Sturmbock and ex-Dragon Bf110C to come out. Although i would kill for them to release the Ju88 A4 again

A nice, cheap, simple Revell 110 is on my list as well.

The Ki-45 arrived, bang on time.

It's huge!

And has multiple clear parts, which I didn't realise were included.

DMdF0q.jpg

Enb6AW.jpg

HzI2yk.jpg

My first ZM kit. Initial impression is a very busy instruction sheet, with a part for everything. Moulding looks superb, each sprue has its own bag, instruction booklet good, but not quite WNW good, probably due to the sheer number of parts compared to your average WNW kit. 560 parts (!), compared to 423 for the larger WNW AEG, which has twice the wing area of the Ki-45.

A 1/32 twin engined, two seater Japanese fighter plane. I always though Hasegawa would eventually get around to doing one, but ZM have beaten them to the punch.

Hopefully, they'll sell well, although it's not the sexiest or most well known of aircraft - just what I like!

I see ZM are also selling metal gun barrels, a metal undercarriage (which looks a bit weird), weighted tyres and a PE interior. These, to me, are essentials, so I'll invest in them - when I'm dead, it can be sold as a full meal kit.

Edited by DeanKB

And here is ICM's Ki-86 kit.

aWDLHj.jpg

In comparison to the ZM kit, it is light day and night. Very, very, very simple, all sprues in a single bag, and instructions so simple you could build the model without them.

So few pieces, there's a danger that it will evaporate when the bag in unsealed and building starts.

I took a photo of the inside of the box, but ImageShack is playing up and just keeps showing the above photo. I'll try again after walking the dogs.

Edited by DeanKB

1 hour ago, DeanKB said:

The Ki-45 arrived, bang on time.

It's huge!

And has multiple clear parts, which I didn't realise were included.

DMdF0q.jpg

Enb6AW.jpg

HzI2yk.jpg

My first ZM kit. Initial impression is a very busy instruction sheet, with a part for everything. Moulding looks superb, each sprue has its own bag, instruction booklet good, but not quite WNW good, probably due to the sheer number of parts compared to your average WNW kit. 560 parts (!), compared to 423 for the larger WNW AEG, which has twice the wing area of the Ki-45.

A 1/32 twin engined, two seater Japanese fighter plane. I always though Hasegawa would eventually get around to doing one, but ZM have beaten them to the punch.

Hopefully, they'll sell well, although it's not the sexiest or most well known of aircraft - just what I like!

I see ZM are also selling metal gun barrels, a metal undercarriage (which looks a bit weird), weighted tyres and a PE interior. These, to me, are essentials, so I'll invest in them - when I'm dead, it can be sold as a full meal kit.

So very tempted by this kit. Seems to have disappeared from the Jumblies site though. Good to see you posting again Dean.