Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

1 hour ago, Stokey Pete said:

My shiny new H&S infinity CR plus landed on my doorstep. 
It’s so pretty, I don’t wanna get it mucked up with paint :lol:

It's a fantastic airbrush. I don't know how I lasted so long with a Paasche after switching to the H&S.

Matt 

I don't know if this is the right section for this, but it does relate to a kit I just purchased on ebay (though not an LSP), so I will tell this story here. Mods can move it if they see fit.

I have been looking for a particular kit for over a year now, finally found someone selling one on ebay, and with a ton of AM stuff to go with it, and at a healthy discount, so I pulled the trigger and bought it. I was excited when it showed up in 3 days, and it was everything I'd hoped for....except it was missing a critical sprue!! It was a used kit from someone clearing out their stash, so no problem, it happens sometimes. I let them know about it and the seller agreed to look for the missing sprue. A couple days pass, and I dropped them a note saying that I located replacement parts for about 25 bucks, and if they would be willing to refund that much, I'd buy the parts and be good to go. Very nice seller, great communication.

To my utter shock, they did not refund the 25 bucks.......they refunded the entire amount!!! I sent a note and made them aware of the mistake, and I got a very nice note back saying that it was not a mistake.

The seller explained that her husband had been an avid model builder, and had won many awards in the past, but was going through some sort of "mental decline" that prevented him from building anymore, so he asked her to sell off his collection. Occasionally parts go missing and he doesn't recall where they are. So she refunded the whole thing because she just wanted me to be happy with it. Needless to say, I was blown away at her generosity, and said that I would put in a plug on the forums and possibly help generate some more sales.

At any rate, she said they have a ton of other kits to get sold off, so please look them up on ebay and see if they have anything you might like, and maybe help support these awesome folks. SellerID is "sellingmymodels10".

Here is a link to one of their auctions:https://www.ebay.com/itm/254594214787.

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by BiggTim

My buddy had something similar happen, Tim. He bought a brand new Ridgid 18V lithium drill set and when the set arrived, the drill was badly damaged, though still worked. The seller just told him to keep it with his compliments and promptly sent out a replacement set. My buddy gave me the first set, I bought a brand new drill (bare tool) for $25, now I have a very nice 18V Ridgid set as well, forming the basis for what I'm sure will eventually see some more tools added on. (This is the set prior to the replacement drill purchase.)

4Ul76P.jpg

Now that Canada Post has opened the Dam it's been like Xmas over the last few days.

Got the WNW order yesterday,Fedex no less .The Tiger Moth just this morning YAAAAY! ,Pheon Decals post war Snipe sheet.

And Revells new 262A1-2 which I have waited the longest for.. after looking at it it seems to be very very nice.

So might be set for the winter after all.

Cheers Bill.

Edited by williamj

27 minutes ago, williamj said:

Now that Canada Post has opened the Dam it's been like Xmas over the last few days

At least you're getting your packages. 

I've been tracking one from Volks USA in California. They sent it out May 21 and it got to Montreal on the 31st where it sat until June 7th. It was then sent to Mississauga which is the nearest major postal centre near me (I'm in Toronto). On the 15th when they said they were delivering it, they sent it across the country to Vancouver for some reason. Now it's back in Mississauga and they no longer have an ETA for when they will deliver it. Hopefully it'll arrive at some point. 

Carl

4 minutes ago, BloorwestSiR said:

At least you're getting your packages. 

I've been tracking one from Volks USA in California. They sent it out May 21 and it got to Montreal on the 31st where it sat until June 7th. It was then sent to Mississauga which is the nearest major postal centre near me (I'm in Toronto). On the 15th when they said they were delivering it, they sent it across the country to Vancouver for some reason. Now it's back in Mississauga and they no longer have an ETA for when they will deliver it. Hopefully it'll arrive at some point. 

Carl

Same here very much,tracking a couple ..Seems like they traveled farther , visited more places and stayed longer than I have.

Edited by williamj

Carl,

I had the same problem with a package coming from Montreal.  It was sent EXPEDITED by the store which meant two days tops.  It sat in Montreal for five weeks.  The reason, COVID19!

Apparently when I spoke to someone I know at Canada Post, the Montreal facility had an outbreak around the time my package was sent.  The date date was May 4th.  The equipment plus employees that had COVID19 and the scanners being sanitized so much that the system broke down and they were backlogged five weeks with delayed shipping.

I just got my "EXPEDITED" package on Monday of this week, so yeah I hear you too on the frustration.

Well, my well traveled package from Volks USA finally arrived. 

IMG_20200623_174142-L.jpg

Now just to wait for the Hs129 to show up. 

Meantime, for all the grief that we give our postal service, I had another package arrive that didn't have our house number on it. Yet, they still got it to me so thanks for getting that one sorted. 

Carl