Airfix Typhoon?

ajaycad

I emailed asking about my pre-order .

My response from Hattons was to inform me they miscalculated the shipping cost for me and are asking for more money.

Didn't say how much , I had to ask that in todays reply email

I agree, I think Airfix rushed this a little... I would've gladly waited a month more to recieve a problem-free kit. Not that I actually recieved it yet... I think it will be here next week. I'm expecting the worst though, that way I don't get disappointed! :lol:

At this moment in time, I'm away on holiday but have had an email from Hatton's that there will be a big red box waiting for me when I get home. I pre ordered mine from them, way back in January at the princely sum of £72 all in. Lovely jubbly

Mine arrived yesterday. Does have the canopy flaw though. Emailed Airfix about it, don't expect an answer until Monday though. Otherwise very happy with the kit. Very tempted to move it to the top of the pile, nothing to do with the size of the box and having to move things around to find the space to stash it mind!

As to 1:24 accessories, some simple bomb trolleys, fuel drums and such would be nice. A few figures would be welcome by me as well.

I've got the Tamiya 1/24 rally crew, they will work for arming and working on the engine :) little bit of work to do to them.

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/24266mechanics/index.htm

The kneeling guys will make excellent ground crew reloading the wing guns, I just need some ammo belts

Edited by TonyT

£87.85 at Amazon UK, with free postage within, might be cheaper for those overseas too. No doubt it will get cheaper.

Well ... My usual UK supplier is offering 74.99 GBP - Ex VAT of course ... but the shipping is then an issue at 28.39 GBP ...

Total 103.38 GBP ... at a conversion rate to AUD of about 1.81 - 4 ... = $187-190.00

As luck would have it ... My Aussie supplier on the eastern seaboard has it for $179.99 (Special 1st run order price - usually $196.99!!) ... as any order placed within the country over $150.00 attracts a Zero $$ shipping charge I am, unusually, better off grabbing this one domestically!!

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

Received this from Airfix today.

Dear Mr Rowlands

We are very sorry you have experienced problems with the product A19002.

The problem with the Q sprue, is not common to all the kits.

Problem was only found after the mould inspection when the clear sprue had been standing for several days.

The sprue feed was changed to eliminate this problem.

Would seem that some incorrect parts have slipped through.

We will despatched the Q sprue for you tomorrow.

Once again sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Airfix spares.

​Really can't complain about that. The flaw isn't that bad to be fair. But mine had also come away from the sprue and left a tiny hairline crack at the joint that means I couldnt use it.

replacement canopy arrived today, from an initial email sunday night

new canopy is without crack

i still think Tamiya clear parts are crisper, but it is decent enough

very happy with Airfix service

replacement canopy arrived today, from an initial email sunday night

new canopy is without crack

i still think Tamiya clear parts are crisper, but it is decent enough

very happy with Airfix service

Had my replacement come today too, Still got big dimple in it and moulded a little bit poorer.

Had my replacement come today too, Still got big dimple in it and moulded a little bit poorer.

OOOOOF!  While its great news on the speed and awareness of the issue on AF's side, but its never a good sign when the company sends you a replacement part for a known issue, that has the exact same defect as its replacement compounded by WORSE molding.

Need to get that fixed Airfix!