Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

fozzy

Thanks a lot everyone................

Amazing work !! When you are done with it why dont you just keep going - you know you want to. A 1/20 B-17 isn't THAT big after all :-)

Thomas......it is big!. :o  (the B17)....I might carry on with the Fuselage sections however ....but I think I would need a rest first as there are other projects that I have been promising my self to build.... ;)

Good afternoon ....or Good Evening/Morning where ever you are in the world...as for me its Afternoon and looking out of my window its snowing very hard!!.....but I'm not here to talk about the weather :rolleyes:

Moving on with this build then..........today I will show you what I have done with the area above the Navigators position.

HEADPHONES

I made a little headphone set to go on the navigators table....A bit fiddely but turned out ok ish!!!

xd025_zps22a132a7.jpg

So as you can make out that its just a bit of copper wire and scrap plastic......doesnt look too bad at the moment but will look better when painted....

here it is painted and on the Navigators table

xd027_zpsff8d051c.jpg

Above the table there is a wooden shelf that housed the Gyro compass amplifier and a few othe bits and bobs (fluorescent lamp,conecting box and a rheostat)...............

GYRO COMPASS AMPLIFIER

xd020_zps44bc4c79.jpg

Again made from scrap plastic and wire.

RADIO AND GYRO COMPASS IDICATORS AND FLUORESCENT LAMP/RHEOSTAf

xd005_zpsf667a05a.jpg

The next photo shows the wooden shelf in place with a wired connecting box.............

xd022_zps6dfe843d.jpg